22LSAPG center log

Steelbreeze

Reaction score
So first boat i ever owned bought in 2021, had multiple issues that seem to have finally resolved . This im blaming on me. Haven’t really ever used bilge pump and wandt sure it actually worked, however the after first trip thos year, post take out putting cover on, boat was on a downhill grade in parking lot and i could hear what sounded like water draining to front of tube area? Anyway got home and had boat facing uphill on street, turned on bilge and i swear it pumped out 30 gallons or more. I assume even with cover rainwater can get through slotted storage hatch? Boat is NOT used but 25 times over the last 2 years. Shoud water be relegated to just storage area? i.e. bulkheads should be watertight no? Would that much rain (more likely from washing deck etc with pressure washer and hose accumulte that much water??? Stopped storing towable due to wet mold issues.

The center storage locker shouldn't have 30 gallons of water from "natural" activity, that's pretty severe. But yes water will find its way into the locker either via the vents in the cover (especially if poles aren't used) or drainage from the front deck under the door.

The hatch is slotted IMO to help with mold growing down in the locker, but I even keep it open when stored to assist with keeping things nice and dry. However my guess is even if the hatch door were solid water would still migrate past the hatch rim. The bilge if on Auto and battery on should work on the float, but again that's an abnormal amount of water getting in.

I'd observe and record how much water gets in there after rain storms, while running down the lake, etc and see if there are any clues as to the cause and troubleshoot from there. You never know, there might be some penetration into your locker that needs to be fixed.

Back