23' R series with F300

Is this boat even rated for 300 hp?

Anybody out there yet with the F300 on a 23' R. If so, what speed are you seeing at WOT?
Mine is on order...unfortunately it'll be spring before I get to try it out.   Looking forward to it though.  I'm expecting 48ish.

The dealer ran my new 2350 RSR with 300 yamha Friday to prop it and it ran 48.7 gps mph at 5800 rpm with 3 people and 50 gal fuel, he said he could not let it run at wot long enough to be able to play with the trim

Nice! Let us know what your final number is once you're maximized. I am contemplating an upgrade to the same motor.

The dealer ran my new 2350 RSR with 300 yamha Friday to prop it and it ran 48.7 gps mph at 5800 rpm with 3 people and 50 gal fuel, he said he could not let it run at wot long enough to be able to play with the trim
Outstanding! I bet you get close to 50 when she's dialed in. I was hoping for 48+, but wasn't sure because of the 44s I was seeing on the R25s on this forum. Please post your prop specs when you get your boat.

Nice! Let us know what your final number is once you're maximized. I am contemplating an upgrade to the same motor.
What do you have now? The XCA would be very expensive repower if you don't already have digital controls. Or are you getting a new boat?

It was ~$4k for me to go from 3.3L 250hp to 4.2L 300hp. Lotta dough for a couple/few MPH.

It would not be a new boat. And yes it would be an expensive upgrade. However, I love my boat and the only thing I would change is the motor. I guess I will see how the off season goes.

Back