24 SSLX.... Nooooooo!!!

kaydano

Reaction score
I was just looking at build-a-boat for the first time in a LONG time.  I see on the 24 SSLX they now offer has a full-sized port gate, which makes the front port couch smaller.  Big mistake.  BIG mistake.

I'd MUCH rather have a longer front port couch (that you can actually lay down on) with a small port gate than the other way around.  There's a big-ass gate up front when you need a wide gate (which is never unless for a wheelchair maybe). 

Bad design change Bennington.  I would love to hear the logic on that one...

Thanks for curing my PADS though!  I'll just keep the boat I have now.

That is odd. What is the appeal to a larger port gate? I pretty much never use my port door at all. 

Last edited by a moderator:
When I saw the title I thought a comet wrecked your boat so I'm glad that wasn't the case. We used our port gate maybe once all season. We dock on the opposite side and board from the front so the little door is perfect for us. I do like the wrap around seating on the S now though. I'm 6'5" so the loungers up front are perfect for me to relax in. We'll be keeping ours for a  while now also.

Yeah, got a little excited about the title to the thread.

That

Nooooooooooooooooo

Gave me chills 

Cold_guy.gif

Look at it this way 

You Just Saved Some Cash 

A penny saved is a penny earned (lol)

I have occasionally changed some of the old cliche sayings to better fit my life experiences... 

If you ask me, a penny not spent is worth 2 pennies earned.  But that's not as catchy as the old "penny saved, penny earned" saying. 

And, no one asked me.

It has to be your bull. wait.....

Ha ha ha.   A penny SPENT is worth TWO in the bush!

Based on my life experiences, at least you'd get to keep whatever it was you spent that penny on. 

Cuz I usually get nothing from the bush!   Ha ha ha...

Where's Derrick when you need him?

Back