3 questions for team Bennington

sparkdr220

Reaction score
I want to clean the playpen cover.I looked on the tag of the playpen cover and it has recomendations on cover care. I did a search and the recomendations for cleaning were not practical unless you have room in a clean dry area to spread it out. Can it be cleaned in a commercial washing machine? What about drying? Also, on a different note, does the 7 year warranty cover existing club members?

Last edited by a moderator:
The 7 year waranty I believe is from late 2012 to present. There is another thread in here somewhere with that info. As far as the cover, I've taken ours to a laundramat with large washing machines and it came out nice. I let it air dry at home then sprayed it with 303 fabric protector.

As for the warranty, there are already a few topics on this, on which TB has commented, the warranty is only on 2013 models and any existing 2012 stock the dealer had, I believe as of August something, that is purchased new. Do a search to be sure

Thanks for the replies. I will give the wasing machine a try. The air drying might be tricky. I am in the Chicago area and between the months of May and September drying on the deck is a possibility. The rest of the year it will freeze solid. :)

warranty:

Playpen care:

VERIFY the machine wash will not VOID THE WARRANTY before you do it !!!! ........ VERY CRITICAL !!!!! That cover will probably cost you a chunk of change if you screw it up in the washing machine ......

REMEMBER, IMPROPER care is NOT covered under warranty .......

Smitty

We laid ours out on the deck and used a car wash brush and some very light dish soap with lots of water and just walked around bare foot brushing it while my wife had the hose keeping it wet. Ours cleaned up really nice.

Thanks for the info Smitty. That definitely answers my warranty question. The more I think about it I will probably wait for a warm day and clean the cover on the deck. I will have to figure out a better way to apply the 303 protectant. The cover is not watertight and the 303 seeps onto the seats causing streaks.

Secordbum had the best idea. I just sprayed 3 qts. of 303 on mine and it didn't bleed through but I had done a lighter coat last year. Really soaked it this time. Bought a gallon from Amazon for less than$60. Paid $29 a qt. last year from a local RV shop. Steve

Secordbum had the best idea. I just sprayed 3 qts. of 303 on mine and it didn't bleed through but I had done a lighter coat last year. Really soaked it this time. Bought a gallon from Amazon for less than$60. Paid $29 a qt. last year from a local RV shop. Steve
Did you use a garden sprayer?

Bought a quart pump sprayer from the same site but I think a small (one gallon) garden sprayer would work better. Steve

Back