32 elliptical pontoons

Yes, I do.  A lot.  You can read about it here: 

What is your questions about them? If you're trying to decide which one, need to know how, and how many, plan to use your boat. But you've come to the right place!! 

What would you like to know?  

What is your questions about them? If you're trying to decide which one, need to know how, and how many, plan to use your boat. But you've come to the right place!! 

I would like to know if the boat sits level in the water, and performance with a 150 hp. I am a fisherman and going to order a 24 sfx. I have seen Harris flote boats riding high in the front with tri toons. 

If you want speed, there is nothing faster than the ellipticals.

If you want stability in a rough lake, there is nothing better than a tritoon - take a good look at the Sport Performance Package.

There is a guy on our lake who has a g series with a 150 and elipticals. I talked to him shortly after he took delivery and he said he should have bought a tritoon. Granted he does more water sports than fishing. Is there a dealer near you where you can test drive both for yourself before you buy? Where are you located? Maybe a owner nearby can give you a test ride.

We use the 22' with ellipticals for fishing in Canada.  We had 25 mph winds and 1-2 ft whitecaps this year.  The boat did great going into the waves and riding with them.  The waves were enough that I had to tack to get to the ramp.  With a tri toon it would have been a rougher ride.  Also the 1000lb of extra flotation helps with 8 people on board fishing.  We also have an ESP boat.  It is like driving a runabout.  For watersports it would be my only choice.  The ellipticals turn flat, the ESP carves the turn.  Both boats act totally differently.  They are both safe smooth rides.  Our 22' with 150hp does 39 mph.  The best thing it does is cruises at 3000 rpm@20mph with 8 people on board to the fishing areas.  Much faster is not fun for the passengers but I have the power to handle rough water or out run a storm.  You also can run fast enough to stay ahead of the side spray.   If 90% of you time is fishing and cruising you will love the elliptical.  It will still do watersports but not nearly as easily as the tri toon.  Our 22' boat sits close to level.  It did not come with the power steering.  It has been ok.  We don't make hard turns at speed and the steering effort for docking is not bad.  For a 24' the 150 is minimum and I would go bigger if you are on a big lake. Be happy to discuss more.  PM me.   

Back