7 year warranty

sparkdr220

Reaction score
Just curious...Why are club members who bought Benningtons in 2011 excluded from the 7 year warranty?

They only started it from Aug 2012.

I never recieved paper work on the 7 year warranty on my 2013 Benni

Ron

Has anyone else ?
Same reason as ANY OTHER MANUFACTURER that changes warranty terms from one year to the next, Bennington should be no different, so if they were to include the"11", then the "10" owners would be unhappy ............

see here http://club.benningt...e__hl__warranty

Last edited by a moderator:
Same reason as ANY OTHER MANUFACTURER that changes warranty terms from one year to the next, Bennington should be no different, so if they were to include the"11", then the "10" owners would be unhappy ............

see here http://club.benningt...e__hl__warranty
There was no club in 2010. This is why I am asking the question. I was just curious why Bennington would tie the 7 year warranty to being a club member yet the first year of club members are not included.

Ok, so Jan 2011, still my point is no matter club or not, they decided to make the offer to "newer" owners and one of the requirements are being a club member ...... I bought a leftover 2011 in August of 2012 ........ Do I expect them to offer the 7 year warranty o me ..... No, do I "wish" they would.....yes, but I don't expect it. It's just the way it is ....... Club or no club.

No need to read too deeply into my post. Simply asking a question on an informative site. Perhaps Bennington will answer.

Pretty sure the biggest reason for saying it's "for club members " is pretty simple, they want owners to join the club. I know that seems self explanatory, but think about, what is one thing almost all of us has said? "this forum is great, so much information, everyone is so helpful, I can ask all my weird and stupid questions. (ok that one was mostly me) " so when the new owners join and read and see how AWESOME we all are!!! They join in! and that creates a loyalty to the brand. I know that when I'm on here and make a comment or ask a question and you get a direct response from Bennington , it gives you a sort of connection to the company. Smart folks them people at Bennington. As for the date, we'll they had to pick some date!

Not trying to be antagonistic, sometimes I'm just blunt with answers ...... sorry ...... :(

It also gives a way for Bennington, and you, to track your boat for warranty issues, recalls, etc......

Think if 40 people have same item with a warranty issue, they can track it and change "that" item in future builds to different/better product to prevent issues ......

Like Derrick said, it also gets new owners "involved" and they can learn alot from the forum. I think we could just about walk anyone thrugh a issue that they might otherwise pay a dealer to do (not that you don't want the dealer to handle warranty issues and such) but sometimes it's not practical to take boat to dealer for a easy fix ......

I'm just happy my dealers 2 miles away from docks, so they can typically repair items right at the dock ...... :)

I didn't get any confirmation either. Supposedly my dealer sent something in, but I don't know how to confirm it's being covered other than what I saved as purchase date and serial number in my profile on www.clubbennington.com.

Yes I got my 2012 2575 RCW in April 2012. Missed it by 4 months, but that's the way it goes. Would have been nice to include calendar year 2012, but as said, Bennington had to start somewhere. I have had two previous Benningtons and didn't need any warranty work anyway. Of course as my Dad used to say, " A lot of people have died who never died before !" :rolleyes: Gerry

I noticed that since registering at club bennington it says I have qualified for the 7 year warranty in my profile, but I havent gotten anything else as confirmation.

I noticed that since registering at club bennington it says I have qualified for the 7 year warranty in my profile, but I havent gotten anything else as confirmation.
Hmmm, I looked all over the tabs on my profile there and I don't see anything about warranty.

When I go to www.clubbennington.com. After logging in and selecting the "my bennington profile" tab it says "Your boat is now covered by Bennington's 7-Year Bow to Stern Warranty *" This was after I entered purchase date, serial number, etc.

When I go to www.clubbennington.com. After logging in and selecting the "my bennington profile" tab it says "Your boat is now covered by Bennington's 7-Year Bow to Stern Warranty *"
Thanks! I'd guess that means my dealer hasn't registered me yet.

The dealer may have sent the information in but bennington only sends out membership cards every few month ( 3 if I remember correctly). Might be same with this online forum?

Todd

I think it took a month or so till I got my info from Bennington after my purchase .......

Good to know and thanks!

Ok, so Jan 2011, still my point is no matter club or not, they decided to make the offer to "newer" owners and one of the requirements are being a club member ...... I bought a leftover 2011 in August of 2012 ........ Do I expect them to offer the 7 year warranty o me ..... No, do I "wish" they would.....yes, but I don't expect it. It's just the way it is ....... Club or no club.
I've been on the phone with Bennington and believe it or not, I think your boat does qualify for the 7 years. It specifically states all new boats purchased after Aug 9 (not 100% sure of date ) or around that date. I would call them directly. Your dealer probably will not know. Good luck!

Back