8 foot Bennington

Kayaker

Reaction score
I have boat house slip limitations and would need a beam of 8 feet in order to safely and comfortably use a pontoon boat. I would prefer a Bennington 20.5 GL for length but I can not fit the standard 8 1/2' beam. Does / can Bennington make an 8 footer and if so, what is the approximate up-charge, if any?

Thanks folks.

Hi Kayaker, custom work like that could get expensive, it might be cheaper to modify your dock. I don't know if Bennington does custom work or not, I passed your question on to the higher ups, we'll see what they say B)

Thanks for the reply. I did receive a quote on enlarging the slip of my boathouse and let's just say if I chose that option, the economy would get a very big boost! I however, would be in foreclosure. Hoping a smaller boat would be a low cost option. I await the 'higher ups' reply.

So...

Don't put the boat IN the slip, put it BESIDE the slip. Assuming there's room of course.

Thanks for the reply. I did receive a quote on enlarging the slip of my boathouse and let's just say if I chose that option, the economy would get a very big boost! I however, would be in foreclosure. Hoping a smaller boat would be a low cost option. I await the 'higher ups' reply.
Hi kayaker, we do not offer an 8' beam boat because we do not have the raw materials for that deck structure (cross members, decking, rails, etc). Sorry to disappoint. Hard to find an 8' wide pontoon these days, good luck! TB

Back