About my upgrades

Kurt

Reaction score
AEDD5F51-45D4-4B0E-9969-065B28EB7212.jpeg B6C40E96-10E3-4741-B6AC-C06F60D39E92.jpeg 413C0C02-CC23-462A-AC50-53DCE2675A14.jpeg FE851B09-00C4-421A-8680-A3A5C50371F0.jpeg 2AFB9071-A2A3-44CE-AE60-7C1AA8847289.jpeg I looked over my newly arrived pontoon today. I did a lot of waffling on my options during the build so I thought I would share my thoughts on what I finally put together:

1. The new platinum monotone interior. It is a little darker than what I would think to be ideal but is still really nice. I love the fabric over the vinyl. I went with the Zebrawood beige trim accent which really looks good with the platinum interior.
2. Diamond stitched luxury recliner (captains chair) upgrade. Comfortable but not sure if it is worth the $363 upgrade. I think it looks nicer than the stock one though.
3. Roswell stereo upgrade. Battery not hooked up yet but listened to it last year on the owners demo. Pretty darn nice. Last year the subwoofer, which is under the helm, was really close to the door. This has now been pushed back to give more room. Easy and great improvement.
4. 250 Yamaha VMax SHO. Researched this vs. 300. Went with the basic controls so saved $2k over the 300 and seems to be a wash for top speed and maybe even a little better for torque vs the 300.
5. Center tube storage. Also seems like a no-brainer to me. Never enough storage.
6. Lillypad diving board. Not installed yet but looked at another boat at the dealer with same layout and spoke with the owner. He loves the set up for his family (and the kids are adult size). Trying to decide if I should powder coat it black to match the railing. Not sure.
7. Corvina steering wheel upgrade. I actually scored one last year from a friend. Heavy, thick grip, and beautiful. Worth $438? Probably not but it really is a lot nicer than the basic one.
8. Basic gauges. I just need to know how deep the water is and how much gas I have. I love other pontoon brands with the beautiful touch screen but not important to me.
9. ESP package. I plan to use my toon like a boat (pull tubers, wakeboarders) so this was also a no brainer for me.
10. Black rub rail. Though the stainless would get all scratched up and drive me crazy.
11. 52” Ski pylon. Had one on my last Bennington and like that I can remove it completely for when the kids use the diving board.
12. Power Bimini. It’s curved and power. I think the curved looks pretty slick and how can you go wrong with power?

I still have several months until I can float it but the temptation may cause me to drive south soon!!!

Nice build, congrats!

Beautiful, great looking boat. Welcome to the Bennington family.

Very sharp looking boat. Love the blackout and all your upholstery and decking choices. Would definitely powder coat the lillypad diving board. Trust me, you and your family are going to LOVE the 5 recliners on board!!

I agree Rick. Our last Bennington was an RBR. My wife thought the bar layout with captains chairs would be great for our kids to sit at and eat. They never did! Loungers and pontoon boats are like peas and carrots (or Leutifisk and boiled potatoes if you are from Minnesota)!

This is our second Bennington. We actually thought we would want something different so went to multiple boat shows. Found that nothing compares to a Bennington when it comes to fit and finish in my opinion.

Nice boat Kurt!!!

5 recliners?!?

That’s a beauty!! Congrats!

Very nice, I like the color of the seats

Beautimous!

Beautiful boat for sure.

I loved, loved, loved, my 5 recliner layout!!!!

Congrats! She's "perty".

Beautiful boat, congrats!

Beauty!!

Back