Accessories

Chiasala

Reaction score
Accessories won’t come on whether master pwr switch is off or on? Thanks for your help

Have you checked your breakers ?

Welcome! Tell us more. Year? Motor start? Battery age? So lights and radio won't come on ? New or used boat ?

My 2021 L has to also have the Accessory toggle on the helm turned on.

I would look at these things:

1. With battery switch ON, As mentioned, Check circuit breaker button for the switch on console. If popped check circuit for faults (fix if there is one) and reset breaker button. (If the accessory switch powers the radio and Garmin etc., remember they have their own power switch to turn on) Could the accessory (radio, etc) have a blown fuse or not be working)

2. With engine switch set to ON but engine not running, Check battery voltage on gage, should be 12.3 min to 12.8 volts (engine not running) With Engine running should be higher, maybe 13.5-14.5 volts. Is battery good? Have you checked battery water level?

3. does everything else - lights, engine, etc work and have power with battery switch ON. Only Accessory switch not working? There are probably several accessory switches that are not used, be sure the switch you are using is connected to something (like the radio and Garmin). When you turn the switch ON does it light up? If it does the switch has power to it, if not it does not or switch bad.

4. Turn battery switch Off. Go inside console and find the switch and breaker that arent working. be sure the wires connected to the circuit breaker and switch are securely connected and not loose or off.

5. If you have a voltmeter with the battery switch ON carefully check the voltage at the breaker and switch. If not 12+ volts, maybe the circuit is not fed hot from the harness/battery switch. Look up the electrical diagram in this forum and be sure there is a wire feeding 12 volts to the circuit.

Im sure I missed some things but this is what I would check. Hope this helps.

Back