Adding 2 batteries in the front area on a SX22 for trolling motor

Mike B.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if 2 batteries will fit into the front right battery storage compartment on SX22 for trolling Motor?

Not sure based on your layout. I would think they would though. I added three under my rear lounger for my 36v system. I heard there are some compact lithium ion options that save space but are expensive

Our 22' fishing model, the front starboard compartment with lid does not have room for 2 full size deep cycle batteries.

I am in a similar situation; My 2022 22SSRC was built last week at the factory. I had Bennington modify the layout by removing the 2 front benches and replacing them with 2 upgraded fishing seats, a live well and a battery box. I have prepurchased quite a bit of addons to make sure everything is ready to be installed when the boat arrives in 2 weeks. With that said, I bought a 60" Minn Kota 24V Terrova trolling motor. I have not ordered batteries or a charger yet, as I am unsure if two batteries will fit in the front battery box. I am considering 2 Dakota 12V 100ah Litium batteries. They are approx 13" L x 7" W x 9" H....... Will they both fit in that battery box? I can't seem to find any specs online showing the exact dimensions of the box. I can go to a single 24V 50ah Litium, but I prefer the 2 batteries with 100ah..... Anyone know the actual interior dimensions of that box???

Back