Aftermarket Rub Rail

dblupcobb

Reaction score
Good Day,  I'm sure I am not the only one with this problem, but about the 2nd time I had my 22 SCWX out on the water, I went to put the cover back on and some of the male snaps along the bow were crushed from bumping dock or trailer and no longer would allow the cover to secure properly.  I am wanting to add a rub rail around the whole boat along the rail, just below the snap level.  Most of what I have found aftermarket has a lip on the lower portion of the rub rail preventing it from being mounted flush along the aluminium railing of the boat.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I would like to keep a factory look and have seen this as an option on other boats who post to this site.

Thanks..

Dub9, that is a very interesting product, but wouldn't exactly serve the purpose of preserving my snaps.  Do you have the product mentioned?  Does it protect the toon from dents?

The heavy duty rub rail should be standard. It just makes sense.

Dub9, that is a very interesting product, but wouldn't exactly serve the purpose of preserving my snaps.  Do you have the product mentioned?  Does it protect the toon from dents?

I don't have it, I don't even have my toon yet.  It reminded me of Keel Guard which a lot of V-hull people applied.

I thought perhaps putting this on your logs may hit your dock/trailer before your snaps did.

Back