Anker Jump Starter @ Amazon $60.00 Thursday only

Jack M

Reaction score
Today only at Amazon $100.00 off . I ordered  one to keep it in my carry on .

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T2GT9L4?ref_=gbsl_tit_l-1_8122_ff4aaa59&smid=A294P4X9EWVXLJ

51TLYoKNkRL._SL1000_.jpg

Jack.....

It's kinda funny that you posted this. I've been looking for one since the battery in the jump starter in my boat died. (Couldn't even jump a dead tractor battery) Anyway I was told to get one that had a minimum of at least 500 peak amps. My other Schumacher brand had 950 peak amps...........thoughts?!?

I was concerned about the amps ,I have  heard good things about Anker, 77% of the reviews are 5 star ,so for $100 off and something that I can carry easy .I figured I would try it .Hopefully I will never need it .

Thanks.....

I can't see how that works to start a car.  Has to be a marketing manipulation....  Maybe its an inrush current rating or something like that.

If one of you guys that bought this wants to disconnect your original car battery and just use this to see if it starts your car, let the rest of us know what happens.  If it starts your car, I will print this and eat it.

I can't see how that works to start a car.  Has to be a marketing manipulation....  Maybe its an inrush current rating or something like that.

If one of you guys that bought this wants to disconnect your original car battery and just use this to see if it starts your car, let the rest of us know what happens.  If it starts your car, I will print this and eat it.
I feel the same way, all except for being willing to eat this thread. It basically looks like an oversized battery pack for my cell phone. I would be thrilled if it worked and carry it with me everywhere, but I'm very skeptical. 

I ordered one ,I have heard they work fine . I have to find something with a dead battery .

Would you fries with that . :eek:

Bear in mind it doesn't say "which" car. A "Smart" car maybe, a 6.2 Hemi Ram ... Prolly not .... Lol!!!

From the Amazon ad

Able to jump start your 3L gas or 2.5L diesel vehicle engine

They work far better than my old big jumper pack. The Brightech Scorpion I have started my VW turbo-diesel several times this winter from an absolutely dead battery. It sat in the car's glove box for 6 months not being charged before that. Hooked it up and bang, it starts right up. I didn't charge it afterward and it continued to start it probably 5 or 6 more times over the days it took me to diagnose the problem in the car.

Kaydano, you might want some ketchup with that paper  :)

I do not know HOW they work, but they work.

Has save my boating day twice. Both times arriving at lake to realize battery is stone dead.

Started 115 outboard easily.

Have started a chev V8 from a dead battery as well.

Keep one in my truck & the wifes SUV.

I promise, once you use it you will be mad that you didn't buy one earlier.

They use Lithium Ion or LiFePo4 batteries so they have a lot of juice in a small package.

I'm gonna need more than ketchup...

I believe you guys when you say it works, just hard to believe. To deliver its rated current, it would also have to be able to fully discharge all its energy in a little over 60 seconds, which I would have guessed would generate a lot of heat. Now a car doesn't take a minute to start, just saying such a small battery making such big claims like this makes me skeptical. But, if you guys say it works, I'm likely to get one. My full sized jump start is rated 950 amps, and it wouldn't start a small four cylinder car.

I read all the reviews on Amazon, these things getting nothing but rave reviews.  I just hope I am not the one it does not work for, seems to happen that way :(

Hmm, pretty sure those booster cables are just using EC5 connectors, so I could actually buy two, wire them in parallel (make a parallel pigtail) and it'd be enough to boost the Cadillac 6.2L. Might be worth a look. PLUS if I was just boosting someone else I could still just use one if they had a little motor.

Back