Anti-fouling/bottom paint question

CaptTruk66

Reaction score
Ahoy! Proud new Bennington owner (2019 18SL w/50hp Yamaha). It's not my first boat, but it is my first pontoon boat. Plan is to keep it in a wet slip (saltwater) to operate in Chesapeake and Broad bay in Virginia Beach. If I pull the boat once every 1-2 weeks, is anti-fouling paint required? Or can I stay ahead of the marine growth by pulling and cleaning regularly? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

My buddy tried staying ahead of it last year while keeping his boat in a slip. He's getting the toons bottom painted this year. He said it was a bear to get them clean every time. I have mine painted and still pull it in July and pressure wash them just to keep it under control. They clean off super easy.

Do you guys get barnacles on them? I keep mine in the water here on the gulf coast of Florida, I have them bottom painted, and I want to pull it this week for the first time to pressure wash the toons, They don't feel to bad, but I can feel the little stubbles. Also, any good way to lift it off the trailer to clean? I don't have cinder blocks or wood blocks, I just want enough clearance for one side atr a time to wash it quick.

Do you guys get barnacles on them? I keep mine in the water here on the gulf coast of Florida, I have them bottom painted, and I want to pull it this week for the first time to pressure wash the toons, They don't feel to bad, but I can feel the little stubbles. Also, any good way to lift it off the trailer to clean? I don't have cinder blocks or wood blocks, I just want enough clearance for one side atr a time to wash it quick.
There are alot of YouTube videos showing you how to lift your boat up off the trailer. But you're gonna need some wood blocks or cinder blocks to hold it up.....

Back