Anti siphon valve replacement

kinzuakid

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Bennington 2275RL and since I’ve put it in the water this Spring, the Yamaha F115hp engine won’t get above 4,000 rpm’s without surging once I try and go to WOT. I have replaced the fuel/water separator already and there was no water present. It was suggested to me to replace the anti siphon valve on the gas tank as they can go bad. My question is, can I replace the valve with a 3/4-full gas tank? Does the tank have to be empty to remove the valve? Last thing I want is to have gasoline pouring out of the gas tank once I remove that valve. Can anyone offer help to this question?

Attachments

• 4663AC8D-C783-46B2-9ED1-040DDEDEF8A9.jpeg
    4663AC8D-C783-46B2-9ED1-040DDEDEF8A9.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 14
I have a 2006 Bennington 2275RL and since I’ve put it in the water this Spring, the Yamaha F115hp engine won’t get above 4,000 rpm’s without surging once I try and go to WOT. I have replaced the fuel/water separator already and there was no water present. It was suggested to me to replace the anti siphon valve on the gas tank as they can go bad. My question is, can I replace the valve with a 3/4-full gas tank? Does the tank have to be empty to remove the valve? Last thing I want is to have gasoline pouring out of the gas tank once I remove that valve. Can anyone offer help to this question?
Had the same problem on 2018 , dealer traced it to pickup tube in fuel tank , dropped center tube replaced the fuel tank was down for 5 weeks last summer . Dealer handled all warranty issues and did an awesome job .

Back