Anyone put a electric anchor on their Benny

Gio4318

Reaction score
Was thinking a electric anchor would be a nice finishing touch. Anyone mounted one and how does it look. Pics please

Do it, you won't regret it !! We have the MinnKota deckhand 40 with console remote. It's awesome !! No more wet rope laying around ..... There's a pic of ours in my gallery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the general consensus is there is no general consensus, so I chose the trac electric anchor I also ordered the remote kit, I kind of want to put it on my port stern but will lay it out when it arrives

Stern mounting can be a pain in the arse ..... Gotta be careful of the motor ...... When bow mounted I can still move my toon around with motor, with spare off stern I'm always dealing with it crossing motor.

Looney Toonz, Good point on aft anchor getting into motor. I think I will rethink my initial thought to mount one.

Do you really have a Yamaha 20 HP on your 2275? :)

Do you really have a Yamaha 20 HP on your 2275? :)
Lol

I laugh, but, if I build or buy a house on the lake close by...I'd have to put on a 9.9...:/

Yup, we are restricted to 20hp on our lake. On a good calm day, we get 10-12 mph ... But I can go full throttle all weekend long on like 8 gallons of fuel !!! Lol !!!! We have probably 200 plus (maybe 250) toons on our docks, some even have 9.9 and 15 hp motors as those were the older restrictions. Rumor is they might allow 25 hp soon as some of the toons are getting pretty heavy. Max dock size is 25' as I would have loved to get a 28' with enclosure !!!

Jarred,

We were on the waiting list for a Macbride dock for 6 years, then finally let it go.

I missed it last year, and I want to take the boat on MacBride. The Friday before Memorial Day through Labor Day there is a 10hp restriction. At other times there is an unrestricted hp motor limit operated at no greater than 5 mph. I might make the first outing this year on MacBride. I can't get into my dock until the 15th of May and I promise I will have my boat out before then...

I don't want to hijack but I don't understand the hp limitations. Is it to limit wake thus no shore erosion? Please educate me or pm me as to not fill up this topic.

I think because it's a fairly small lake, it's pretty long, but somewhat narrow, and with so many boats out, they try to keep the speed controlled.

Keep in mind, there are some small boats with 20hp that I bet are doing 30-40 mph.

It's amazing the wake action you still get from a big toon passing at only 10 mph.

Theirs also tons of people fishing whether it be on off shore line or on a boat.

Even though the river was a much bigger area to boat, with all the go-fast boats racing up and down past us when anchored, I MUCH more enjoy the HP limited lake.......

It is truly amazing how a ski boat will come straight at you then turn maybe 50 yards away, I mean WTF?? What if they lose control ..... I DON'T MISS IT AT ALL !!!

To the OP: Did you decide on a anchor setup?

Thanks Dave.

I have decided on the trac 35 I also purchased the remote kit. Haven't had a chance to install it yet. But will do it this week since my wave shield kit will be in next week so I can have that installed. Got a very nice BBQ and a fishing pole rack. This looks like it gonna be fun.

My boat puts off a huge wake at slow speed compared to full speed. Not sure why the 10 hp limit, but it keeps the jet skis off and makes for a relaxing lake. You also can't swim or tow anyone on this one either. You can go in the lake off your boat, but you have to be right next to your boat at all times while in the water. Swimming is only allowed at the beach. Weird rules. I've heard people Photoshop 20 hp motors to look like 9.9s...

There's an unrestricted lake adjacent to this lake, so it really isn't as bad as it sounds. Gives everyone what they want.

I personally like all the boat traffic, give us entertainment while on the deck. We can see the boat launch from our house so it is very entertaining during busy times.

Gio 4318: Looking forward to seeing the new anchor and photos! Good thing is you can use it right away being in CA.

Back