Anyone Still Boating?

Butchkid

Reaction score
Just checking to see if anyone still had their boat in the water here in Texas, or if everyone has tucked them away for the winter. It's been grey and wet recently in the DFW area, but today is actually a nice sunny day and it made me regret putting it away so early. I could see myself going for a cruise this afternoon and having an early dinner on the lake while the sun sets. Based on what the lake looked like the last time I drove by it, I would have pretty much had the whole lake to myself.

Butchkid,

I use my Bennington on Houston County Lake at Crockett. With the lake so low, I really don't have a place to launch and my boat house is high and dry. I brought her back to Houston to do a little cleaning and installation of some lighting.

Come on spring time, and some more rain.

I'm slipped in Lake Lewisville and still get out on the boat. Usually stay in the slip though. Been trying to get out there this week to cruise around while it's "warm" LOL

Matthew,

I too have been itching for a few more runs before Texas 'winter" sets in. I specifically waited to winterize (2 weeks ago) just in case we get another 65-70 degree day. Today it might get close, but my Bennie is tucked away in a covered RV storage right now. It kills me to drive by know it is there.

HAve a happy new year.

Will

There were people wake boarding on the Missouri river in Bismarck ND last weekend, there was a picture in the Bismarck tribune even. It has been a super mild winter so far. Most fisherman are still hitting the river which is open yet the smaller lakes have ice but its pretty thin as we have only have a couple weeks of below freezing weather so far. Almost makes me want to pull the Benny out of storage. Unreal normally we should be around 20 degrees for highs and we are still in the 30-40's. and rainy ther last few days. Never in my 40 years of living here have I seen a winter this mild as of yet.The last 2-3 years we set records for total snow and rain amounts and flooding all over the state and this winter it dropped to nothing.

Seems our seasons have been running a month and a half later than what used to be normal, winter lasts longer and spring comes later and later.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put ours away soooo long ago it seems. We just don't really go out unless we can get in the water. I guess we are 'fair weather' boaters :D Brenda and i will be getting on a much bigger boat Jan 23rd for a cruise to the Cayman islands and Jamaica :) :) :)

I put ours away soooo long ago it seems. We just don't really go out unless we can get in the water. I guess we are 'fair weather' boaters :D Brenda and i will be getting on a much bigger boat Jan 23rd for a cruise to the Cayman islands and Jamaica :) :) :)
So will I but I have to wait til March. Western Caribbean out of Galveston.

Went out on Joe Pool Lake on 31 December for a couple hours when it was about 76/77 degrees. Had 10 people onboard. Although the lake level is down almost 3 feet, there was no problem at the ramps.

Not going this year but have cruised out of Galveston 4 times in the last 6 years, always with the obligatory stop in Cozumel. If you haven't done it before, suggest renting a car and drive the center road thru Cozumel, first to the Mayan ruins in the center of the island and then along the coast road on the east side of the island. There are really nice spots where waves break against the rocks and stretches of white sand beach plus locations that seem totally wild with is no evidence of humans. There are several rental car places in the mall area of the port where you walk off the ship; cost about $90-100 for car, insurance, and gas.

Put the GSI in the slip today -- Been 14 months since I can say that. Most if not all Texas lakes are useable now....

We are on Richland Chambers.....

ButchV12

2121.jpg

Put the GSI in the slip today -- Been 14 months since I can say that. Most if not all Texas lakes are useable now....

We are on Richland Chambers.....

ButchV12
Wow, I love your dock. It's getting close to the time when I will pull the boat out of storage.

Back