Availability of yamaha 150/200

nickevans10

Reaction score
I'm got my boat on order with a yamaha 150. I haven't heard from my dealer, but mine wasn't planned until May.

Has anyone heard if Yamahas are available or are people needing to switch to Mercury's?

Both are severely backordered - Bennington apparently is one of Yamaha's largest OB customers in the U.S. so that's probably your best shot from a lead time perspective. But your dealer may have in's on the Merc side that could bear fruit.

I don't think anyone honestly can put a date on anything right now. Best bet is to let your dealer know you'll take either, whatever comes first. And if your transom and budget can handle it open up the search to include a 175 or 200hp as well just to give even more options for the dealer to get your boat splashed.

I'm got my boat on order with a yamaha 150. I haven't heard from my dealer, but mine wasn't planned until May.

Has anyone heard if Yamahas are available or are people needing to switch to Mercury's?
Talked with my dealer;er last Wednesday. Boat is in progress, has my trailer and Yamaha 150 ready to install. Ordered November 1st.

You better ask your dealer about controls they are not interchangeable between manufacturers.

talked to my dealer last week (delivery for me is early march :) ). he said no problems with getting the Yamaha 200 here on time.
Ask about your prop .I'm hearing rumors of a prop shortage now .

Back