batteries in Sundeck storage not able to use space

SSSMinnow

Reaction score
Can the batteries that are in the storage area beneath the sundeck be relocated to a different spot? They are located right where you would be if you used the changing curtain and if there was a porta potty located there. Because of where they are, I cannot use the storage space because things would get caught in the wires.

I looked into this once, my marina guy said he could relocate the battery but I ended up with a full bedside commode and it straddled the battery so didn't need to

Can the batteries that are in the storage area beneath the sundeck be relocated to a different spot? They are located right where you would be if you used the changing curtain and if there was a porta potty located there. Because of where they are, I cannot use the storage space because things would get caught in the wires.

Can you Post a photo?

yes please. A photo would be helpful!

We ordered a 20SLG with a sunpad behind the L-bench. The sunpad pops up for massive storage or changing station. We ordered the optional changing station because my wife wants a porta potti. All the models I looked at in the showroom had the darn battery holder nearly in the middle of the storage area! I asked my dealer to request Bennington install the battery toward the back of the storage area so we can have room to change and use the potti, but Bennington won’t do it... they will only install as per specs. So, my dealer told Bennington NOT to install the battery holder at the factory and the dealer would install. So, when the boat gets delivered over the winter, we need to mark (with tape) exactly where we want the battery for a dealer spring time installation.

Attachments

• DE1FAF17-E840-4E92-99EB-1C07D736D943.jpeg
    DE1FAF17-E840-4E92-99EB-1C07D736D943.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 35
  • E7189621-B6C1-4D6D-A46A-C5CA4441C70F.jpeg
    E7189621-B6C1-4D6D-A46A-C5CA4441C70F.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 33
My other concern is a leak at the water fuel separator with the battery and a spark ⚡️ I am thinking of relocating the battery under the L rear seat but don’t know is the wires are long enough

Back