Battery hooked up backwards! Help?

Cal

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Bennington 2275RL with a 2006 115 Yamaha. I recently went down to install a new battery on the boat. I was an idiot without a flash light and in the dark put the cables on backwards. Realized mistake immediately with the spark. Hooked up correctly I have no ignition or trim. The accessories all work okay. Checked fuse near battery and those I could find under helm ...all were okay. What did I blow and where can I find it? Will Rogers said; it's the things you learn after you know it all, that are most important. Thanks.

I have a 2004 Bennington 2275RL with a 2006 115 Yamaha. I recently went down to install a new battery on the boat. I was an idiot without a flash light and in the dark put the cables on backwards. Realized mistake immediately with the spark. Hooked up correctly I have no ignition or trim. The accessories all work okay. Checked fuse near battery and those I could find under helm ...all were okay. What did I blow and where can I find it? Will Rogers said; it's the things you learn after you know it all, that are most important. Thanks.

+1 on what myv10 said. Check the fuses under the cowl. Good Luck.

New guy at my local shop did the same thing the one (and hence only) time I had them do a spring launch setup for me. Just had to replace the 20 amp (60 amp?) under the cowl, well labeled. Easy fix.

That's exactly why it's fused. Like the others suggested, it's probably an easy fix once you locate the blown fuse (or possibly breaker).

There should be an extra fuse for each. Probably yellow in color.

Fixed: Pulled the cover off the motor. 30 amp fuse blown. Replaced it and it runs like a champ. Thanks guys.

Back