Battery Recomendation Please

WANT NOT A NEED

Reaction score
I have a 2012 2275 GCW with dual batteries that I need to replace. I am new to boating and don’t know very much so any help would be much appreciated
Rodney

I like the Deka Line of marine batteries since the warranty is pretty straight forward. I like the felt type add-on battery terminal corrosion protectors and I hate changing out batteries. So I go for quality and I don't try to save a few dollars on cheap batteries.

I have a 2012 2275 GCW with dual batteries that I need to replace. I am new to boating and don’t know very much so any help would be much appreciated
Rodney
Interstate in my opinion is the only way to go. I use it not only in my Bennington but in my bass boat for cranking and trolling motor as well. Fantastic batteries!

+1 on Interstate marine batteries. The original one in our 1st boat lasted 10 yrs.

I like the Deka Line of marine batteries since the warranty is pretty straight forward. I like the felt type add-on battery terminal corrosion protectors and I hate changing out batteries. So I go for quality and I don't try to save a few dollars on cheap batteries.
Dealer said this updated Deka battery (Intimidator) is what is recommended now by Mercury for their Verado Pro motors with the super chargers on them. I just had to replace both my original batteries, so I dropped these in. This is what they recommended for my 200HP Mercury Verado Pro. Dealer said I should see better performance/battery life than what came originally with the boat in 2017. We’ll See.

B9E7D82A-25F7-41A4-9119-502333B8C443.jpeg0C6083EF-5295-474D-A06D-FD54AFB084C9.jpeg

Dealer said this updated Deka battery (Intimidator) is what is recommended now by Mercury for their Verado Pro motors with the super chargers on them. I just had to replace both my original batteries, so I dropped these in. This is what they recommended for my 200HP Mercury Verado Pro. Dealer said I should see better performance/battery life than what came originally with the boat in 2017. We’ll See.

View attachment 29804View attachment 29805
Vikingstaff, what did you have for the originals?

Vikingstaff, what did you have for the originals?
It was an older version of deka battery, maybe some version of the Intimidator. However, these new ones (or specific version of this one) has a lot more CA, and apparently other upgraded features.

That said, I honestly didn’t look at the spec sheet for the older ones like I did on these newly recommended ones. Thus, I am not sure what the actually quantitative comparative differences are between them.

Interstate batteries are made by Johnson Controls in Mexico. Best prices are through Costco.

Deka Batteries by East Penn are made in USA. Best prices are through Sam's Club as their Duracell line.

Can't really go wrong either way.

Back