battery storage

D Alexander

Reaction score
I was wondering what everyone does with your batterys in the winter

I was going to put them on tenders but i was told the manufacture recommends not to

what does everyone do

I leave mine in the boat

Unhook it and give a charge in the spring,I used to own a motor home with 3 battery's and tried taking out and keeping warm and leaving than in,didn't really seem to matter they still only lasted

4 to 5 years so I just leave in and buy a new one when needed

Had a Delco Voyager in my Baja that lasted 10 yrs, never unhooked, just bought a battery tender type charger that I mounted in the boat, and plugged in during the winter for the whole duration. Stored in a semi-heated garage, just kept above 42 degrees at the lowest. I don't remeber the brand. I have a 4 battery Battery Tender brand unit for the waverunners and 2 summer cars. Running 7 yrs on the oldest original battery in the 2004 Yamaha,(bought it new in '05) 8 yrs on the cars. Guess I have to vote for battery tender type devices.

After replacing quite a few pwc batteries, I purchased 2 batteries tenders four years ago and they have worked well. I then purchased 2 more for my boat batteries. The battery tenders have been a good investment for me.

Never have unhooked batteries.A good commercial grade ddep cycle should give 5/6 years trouble free service.The sad part about this question is the season is coming to an end.

Back