Battery Switch?

DeeNDean

Reaction score
New to me 2013 2575 RCW, with duel battery's under the loungers, one port the other starboard. I have looked through the electrical schematics here and they show a battery switch. I cannot for the life of me find it.......

I have looked under the loungers, in all compartments, even pulled a couple cupholders trying to follow the wires. No luck! Where am I not looking? 

Any thoughts?

Dean

It should be by the batteries. Follow the cables from the batteries, it won't be far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be at the very rear/aft end of the port side lounger. Mine is right next to port battery and distribution panel.

Should be at the very rear/aft end of the port side lounger. Mine is right next to port battery and distribution panel.
Well I'm not crazy, at least on this issue. At the port side battery there are some holes to in the floor where something had been removed. According to the build sheet from Bennington this boat was built with the power distribution center and a duel battery switch. They have been removed along with the exterior led lights, the sub and amp, and two of the led cup holders witch had been replaced with standard ones.

Obviously the original owner took some stuff with him to put on a new or different boat. I will install a battery switch for safety and conveinance. Also have ordered the other parts except for the amp sub to get the boat back to its original glory.

Dean

Would anyone with a similar setup have a picture of the switch and distribution panel?  

Here are some before and after pictures of what I did on a 2275RCW, though I upgraded it considerably. Both batteries are on the port side, but it should work the same from a wiring standpoint.

Here are some before and after pictures of what I did on a 2275RCW, though I upgraded it considerably. Both batteries are on the port side, but it should work the same from a wiring standpoint.
      Thank you Tom! That's exactly what I was looking for. I just spent the last two hours relocating the starboard battery to port under the lounger with the other one. I am much more limited on space because I have the fuel cell under the port lounger too. I set it up so I have about 12"X14" floor space beside the battery's. I am considering just installing the battery switch for now because I am not going to replace the amp/sub. Everything else on the boat is working fine so not sure why I would need the whole distribution center for now.

Dean 

Glad to help. I went with the battery isolation setup, but if you have any questions just let me know.

Back