Batterys

Reaction score
Evening group. Im getting my new to me 22' Bennington cleaned up and starting to buy things for it. The previous owner yanked the battery's out of it. SO my question is what is everyone doing with theirs and why. My diesel/ heavy equipment mind set is at work here. (2) deep cycle battery's? 1 deep cycle and 1 cranking? 1 isolated from the other with a master switch? i wont have a trolling motor just added lighting and a stereo.

Whatever you get I highly recommend..... Interstate batteries! I've had great success with them over the years!

My Bennington came with two of these, which got me through six seasons so far.0042E485-E2D2-4F4F-91B5-5CF0F31FC7C4.jpeg

My Bennington came with two of these, which got me through six seasons so far.View attachment 32097
I believe this is what we had put on ours. They make a specific Intimidator for the Verado’s Now. “Supposed” to be even better for them, for whatever that is worth.

Evening group. Im getting my new to me 22' Bennington cleaned up and starting to buy things for it. The previous owner yanked the battery's out of it. SO my question is what is everyone doing with theirs and why. My diesel/ heavy equipment mind set is at work here. (2) deep cycle battery's? 1 deep cycle and 1 cranking? 1 isolated from the other with a master switch? i wont have a trolling motor just added lighting and a stereo.

Yes, correct. You'd probably be fine to run two cranking or two deep cycle (or two dual purpose for that matter) but there are pros and cons to each. One cranking and one deep cycle is the ideal IMO.

Then switching becomes the next question. A standard 1, 2, ALL setup is fine but annoying. Select 1 (cranking) to start and run, then get to the sandbar and select 2 (house) so you don't drain your cranking. Then start on 2 or ALL so your house gets charged running back to the slip or boat ramp. My caveman brain doesn't want to have to remember all that so getting a battery combiner/ACR is much better. It's just ON and OFF - automatic relay isolates each battery as needed, and combines when needed (charging on the run). No thinking and batteries perform their respective duties while getting the charge they need in the correct conditions.

Both of mine are deep cycle. Solar charger since mines a trailer queen. Both are 650cca, both are Interstate.

Back