Bennington...Here I come!

RedRaiderTooner

Reaction score
Greetings all! It's great to be apart of this forum and boating community.

The wife and I just purchase a 2011 22SLI from Jerry Whittle Boats in Lewisville. We have a few add ons to be address before we take delivery. Here are her stats....

MIdnight Black exterior with Chrome logos, upgraded to the 115HP Yamaha with stainless steel prop. tilt steering, adjustable captains chair, stainless steel docking lights, blue ice lights in the Bimini, upgraded Sony M6 head unit with kicker speakers, portable cupholders (2), Gamin depth finder mounted flush, ski/tow bar, lighted cupholders (3), dual batteries with battery switch, and matching spare on the Road Runner trailer. I think I covered it all.

We can't wait to post pics!

This is my first pontoon. Any of your have any "quirks" you wish to share about Bennington or tricks of the trade. I think I will sharkhide the pontoons, too.

Now for a name.....

Will

Welcome aboard Will. This will be my first pontoon also. From reading these forums I hear manuvering around in the wind can sometimes be a challenge. I am also going to sharkhide let us know how it goes for you

Steve

Congrats on the new boat! My wife and I bought our boat from Gary at Jerry Whittle boats as well. Have you guys decided where you are going to keep the boat? We've got a slip at Eagle Point Marina on Lake Lewisville and we love it. If you're local here I've made mention on the Southwest section of this forum about getting some sort of get together for us tooners out on lake lewisville. Would love to meet some other pontoon owners to hang out on the water with. Enjoy the boat and feel free to message me if you ever want to get out on Lewisville with us. By the way you'll love the cupholder lights. They were brighter than I expected. I went a little crazy and did all 6 speakers and 5 of my cups. Debating on going back and getting the other 4 done. I've been told the more lights the better if you plan to be out at night especially on Lewisville. only other thing i would suggest is get the grill for the boat it is definitely worth the money.

Hi Matt,

We live in Decatur, so my stomping grounds will most likely be Lake Bridgeport, Amon Carter in Bowie, and Lake Lewisville. I would like to meet up sometime this summer! You rig is very impressive also! Where did you buy your grill at? Does it mount to the side or is it a pole mount? I could tell by your pics.

As for storage, my mother in law lives on 10 acres. I was planning on keeping it out there, but I would like something covered. Thanks for the reply.

Will

It's a pole mount magma grill. It was an added option when we bought the boat. I've seen the same grill at marine west too but Whittle can add it in to the price of the boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats RedRaiderTonner,

That is a beautiful boat. I was wondering if the seat on the aft extension is an something you added. Can the seat and mount be added to any aft extension?

Back