Better horn??

fireman4life

Reaction score
My 22' Bennington pontoon has a very weak and hard to hear horn. Any other owners install a louder electric horn? If so, what brand do you reccomend and where did you locate it. Several times recently i needed a much louder horn to alert others around me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

My 22' Bennington pontoon has a very weak and hard to hear horn. Any other owners install a louder electric horn? If so, what brand do you reccomend and where did you locate it. Several times recently i needed a much louder horn to alert others around me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Good question ! Scroll down to Technical Stuff there is a thread about horns there.

Mine is loud.

Mine came with a FIAMM A23 horn rated at 105db. FIAMM is a good brand, but the factory mounting location inside the helm with a restrictive cover facing sideways really muffled the sound.

horn1.jpg

I was lucky enough to snag this free stainless FIAMM trumpet horn from a boat going to the scrap yard. It's rated at 115db, and more importantly, it's mounted unobstructed facing forward. Wired in series with the oem horn, they make plenty of noise.

horn2.jpg

Without going to air horns, about the loudest you'll find are FIAMM's Freeway Blaster horns at 130db. Available in both low (72112) and high (72102) tones. You can get both from Amazon for around $30 combined. You'll just need to choose a mounting location with reasonable protection from the water but doesn't obstruct the sound.

Back