Bimi Cover

highpond

Reaction score
Well I did it yesterday. Had the Bimi set at Radar height and because I was have some motor issues the wife and I decided to go under a bridge to another part of the lake. We knew from the past the the Bimi had to be down all the way I forgot it was part way up an you guessed it we scrapped. Didn't heart the Bimi but did do somewhat of a job on the cover. Do I have to go through Bennington to replace it or can I get one after market? A supplier for Bennington has been mentioned in the forum a couple of times. Does anyone know if they'd have a Bimi Cover? What a price to pay to have a good time!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hit ours on a tree branch in front of our house once.  It was a "duh" moment I'm not especially proud of.  It scuffed up the boot, but there was no damage to the bimini frame or rails or the bimini fabric itself (which was protected by the boot).

It messed up the tree pretty good.  Tore a lot of bark off the branch!

Anyway, what I meant to say here is the boot was pretty scuffed at first, but turns out it just some tree bark that got ground into the fabric from the impact.  After a while, much of the scuff mark went away (as the bark wore off from use).  I can hardly see where it was hit now.

So, if you didn't actually rip a hole in your boot, you might try scrubbing it good.  Or wait a while.

Take the boot and throw it in the washing machine.

For Factory cover, yes dealer item or possibly Feebay but I'd try the washer recommendation first.

When I bought my bimini and boot, I don't think the boot was all that expensive.  I think it was less than $100.  Certainly, try Carl's suggestion first.  Good Luck!

Wow! $100 seems like a lot for a boot Dan............

The link I posted above $60 for an 8' $70 for an 8 1/2 

Yeah Daril, I know a $100 is too much, more likely in the $50-$70 range.  I don't remember exactly.

Try washing the boot. If you're happy with the results. Maybe the next thing to is contact the dealer for a replacement or contact Tumacscovers.com. Tumacs cover is supplier for Bennington. I know Tumacs make the playpen cover not sure if they make the Bimni top / covers. Here their phone number 412-653-1188.

Thanks for the help. It is torn a little so I don't think the washer wouldn't do it any good. No damage to the frame or Bimi  The $69.00 seems reasonable. I wonder what Bennington would get and do I have to go through my dealer and have the logo on it? The question I have, if I go with Overton, do I go for 8 or 81/2 . Of course the "War Department" wants the one with the Logo on it.

You could call overtons ask which size  they suggest .

Again, Yes, DEALER ONLY or Feebay or just search the Internet (if you want factory OEM)

I did a quick search and saw a few in Feebay, not sure what color you want. You should need 8'6" wide as that should be your boat width.

Overton would be fine, but does anyone know if the back has valco opening  like Benny at the anchor light.

You guys are the greatest.

I read the review on the Sunbrella 109" and the guy said that his didn't have the opening and sent it back. Opening on the $69.99 is stated but I'd like to get it with a valcro opening. Sunbrella at $109. would be good but I don't want to have to have it altered.

The boot comes from Lexington Corp. I sent them an e-mail with stock # and so forth hoping that they may be able to send a replacement with out going through my Dealer to Bennington To the Mfg. Every hand that touches it gets a cut and by the time I'd get it it'd be 3 times the original cost. We'll see next week.

Personally, I wish the boot didn't have the velcro on it.  It just makes it harder to take the boot off.  Not sure it really adds anything functionally...  Just my thoughts.

Back