Bimini 2" square tub trailing arm options

jay21

Reaction score
We have a factory power Bimini on our 2019. What I would like is better access to the back when the Bimini is down. I am interested in options for the trailing arm or some would call it the back leg of the Bimini struts. I have only the short trailing arms for travel, and I have seen longer or even adjustable ones for easy access to the back with it folded. I also have seen shorter second arm attached to longer arms for trailering down the road. I have looked everywhere but cannot find that feature even with aftermarket. I have dark or black 2" square tubs for my Bimini structure with the snap to secure plastic end peace. Any suggestions of were to obtain longer trailing arm would be great.

Have you checked with your dealer ( service department ) ?

We purchased our Benington used and have no relationship with a dealer but will look around northern MI and give one a call and see if they have options. We have the privacy tent on the back and with the Bimini down it cannot be accessed. Thank you.

Where are you located in Northern Mi? I am in Indian River.

I'm sending you a PM .

This Bennington dealer is in Walloon Lake .

I have the electric bimini on a 2017. At the time of my purchase both my dealership, and then after questioning the answer, I checked directly with Bennington, and was told there are not other options. Recently I was informed there is a longer arm option when can get to add support, but I have not looked into this at all.

Bennington at the time informed me that it is meant to be up in a somewhat radar position when the bimini is not out. And that it is rated for all speeds in this radar position. See my picture below.

When underway, but when not putting out the bimini, it is designed to be up like in my picture below. And…in so doing, you have full access.

The short rear bimini arms are simply there for when you are storing the boat, covering, towing, etc… At those times, it’s meant to be down and secured. But when in use, like below unless you are unfurling the actual bimini for use and shade. Feel free to PM me with questions if you wish.
IMG_0057.jpeg IMG_0056.jpeg IMG_0055.jpeg IMG_0054.jpeg

Last edited:
We purchased our Benington used and have no relationship with a dealer but will look around northern MI and give one a call and see if they have options. We have the privacy tent on the back and with the Bimini down it cannot be accessed. Thank you.
Also, secondary follow up, did you not transfer the 10 year warranty? It has to be done through a dealership. That 2018 would otherwise be under warranty unlit 2028, but it has to get transfered via a Bennington dealership if you purchased it from the original owner. That might be worth following up with Walloon Central Marine to see if it can still be done.

Jeff and Jay thank you both. Your power Bimini looks the same as mine I guess I was thinking that the wind speed when deploying would be the same as when it is the above position you show it in your photos. I had no coaching on many of the operations, so this is great news. Walloon has been great to work with and they contacted Bennington to check options and Bennington would build longer arms for $62 + shipping, but know I am not sure I need them knowing that I can put it part way up and run with it without and issues.
Really appreciate the feedback.
Jay

Back