Bimini Care question

T&M2619

Reaction score
Hello everyone!  Hope you all had a nice weekend boating!  Rained on Saturday here, but we did get out on the lake on Sunday!  So relaxing & fun!

Question:  Do you treat the Bimini with the 303 Fabric Guard (product for mooring cover) as well?  And if you do how often?

Thanks!

Once a year I do the Bimini ,boot ,mooring cover and carpet .

Great, Jack!  Thanks for sharing your info!  Then we will put it on our list as well!

There may be some here that dont agree ,as long as I am doing the mooring cover I may as well do everything . Especially the carpet ( if you have carpet ) 

Buy it by the gallon  ;) How much does it take to cover them all Jack?
Yeah, was going to ask that too.  I bought a gallon, as I read that's about what it took for the mooring cover, so I better shop around again for better pricing too.   I bought on Amazon before.

DON'T DO THE MOORING COVER WHILE IT'S INSTALLED ON BOAT. I learned my lesson the hard way. It soaked through cover and marred my seat vinyl. It's not horrible, but definitely noticeable. It looks like it melted the vinyl coating and left run/bubble marks on my seats. I've never had it do that before, but there's always a first time.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Jack, does the gallon do the entire boat? 

I purchased the gallon after you sent me that link but I haven't put it on as I see the water is still beading up pretty well.  Will hold off till the spring but have never put the fabric guard on the bimini or the carpet

I did the Bimini this year.  It was 3 years old and hardly ever used.  Had it out in July and it rained.  The seams were leaking, so I took it off and brought it home and used the 303.  A little less than 1/2 gal.  

So Jack, does the gallon do the entire boat? 

I purchased the gallon after you sent me that link but I haven't put it on as I see the water is still beading up pretty well.  Will hold off till the spring but have never put the fabric guard on the bimini or the carpet
When I purchased last spring ,it was more cost effective to buy an 8 quart case . I used a gallon and a half on the cover & carpet .The other 2 bottles will do the Bimini & Boot with some left over .

God, I can be brain dead sometimes.  The boot sees much more water than the bimini and I didn't think to bring it home and 303 it. 

When I purchased last spring ,it was more cost effective to buy an 8 quart case . I used a gallon and a half on the cover & carpet .The other 2 bottles will do the Bimini & Boot with some left over .
Boy I must not use enough fabric protector but I haven't had any problems except for one time.  I used to purchase a quart of the protector and would get multiple applications out of that one quart with doing only my mooring cover.

I've never done my carpet. Does it shed the water same as the cover & Bimini?

I've never done my carpet. Does it shed the water same as the cover & Bimini?
Yes ,I have the standard ,"sand palm carpet " .

On my 2013 SLX first time out I forgot to teabag the anchor ,got mud on the carpet .

I splashed some water on it , the mud came right off .No stain or discoloration at all .

I forgot to teabag the anchor
I love it! I haven't treated our cover or carpet as they never see water. Should I or would that be a waste?

Andy I knew you would be the first to comment on  tea bagging the anchor . :lol:

Cover ,maybe a waste .

Our carpet gets wet every time we go out to the sand bar and get back on board ,water just rolls right off .

Thanks jack. Guess I'll have to try it next spring.

Yes ,I have the standard ,"sand palm carpet " .

On my 2013 SLX first time out I forgot to teabag the anchor ,got mud on the carpet .

I splashed some water on it , the mud came right off .No stain or discoloration at all .
How careful did you have to be to not get it on the seats & bases?

On the SLX ,I used a piece of cardboard when I was close .On the  RCW  the bottom of the seat bases are carpeted 

Back