Bimini Rear support bolt

Rich&Lori

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced one of their rear support arms coming off? Making a run up river over the weekend and did not notice until we returned that the aft port-side support arm was missing. Bimini was in the deployed position and the stainless bolt was snapped and about 1-inch of bolt and head was still in the main support frame. Lower adjustment arm with high-and-low position arms was missing.

Would this be considered a warranty item by Bennington?

I had issues with my curved Bimini (bent and misaligned at delivery) but the dealer has put in a warranty claim and says it will get replaced no problem. Probably wouldn’t have led to a snapped or sheared bolt but you never know.

From what I’ve observed, speed (and not just speed over ground by the boat, but any potential headwind adding to the bimini’s “airspeed”) is likely one of the biggest causes of damage to biminis so you may want to check the speed rating/warning on yours and be prepared to discuss if the dealer asks. But then again my dealer asks zero questions on warranty items so you may find a similar fortunate situation.

Good luck!

I had a bolt break once while trailering. I was fearful that the frame would be bent when I put up the bimini. Thankfully, it wasn't.
I just grabbed a stainless bolt from the hardware store and when I do take my boat in next time, they have said they would replace it under warranty. Now, about once a month, I'll go around and check for any loose bolts. I have found a few over the last couple of years.

Back