Bimini Top gets Stuck

DanZ

Reaction score
Recently we purchased a 2011 RCW 2575 in good shape...Stored winters w ~150 hours on it.  Manufacture warranty expired and we did not purchase an extended plan.

Problem is I have sporadic issues when closing the hydraulic bemini top.   We never have issues opening the top, just closing. When we lower the top soon as the metal brackets that supports the weight of the bemini when resting on the boat in the full close position either touch the top of the railing  (in full close position) or come within ~3 inches of the railing  the top will start to open even though I'm still pressing the button to lower the top.  So it automatically starts to open and only stops once I take my hand off the button to lower the top.

Another problem just developed where at times the top does not close from the fully opened position.  You can hear the motor work as if the bimini is closing but nothing happens.  The sound appears normal and is the same for when the top is opening and closing as it should verses when the top does not close at all.  In these cases I had to try it a few hours later or the next day and then it closed.

I'm a little worried that this may be an expensive fix.   Has anyone experienced this before or know what may be going on?

Appreciate your feedback!

Recently we purchased a 2011 RCW 2575 in good shape...Stored winters w ~150 hours on it.  Manufacture warranty expired and we did not purchase an extended plan.

Problem is I have sporadic issues when closing the hydraulic bemini top.   We never have issues opening the top, just closing. When we lower the top soon as the metal brackets that supports the weight of the bemini when resting on the boat in the full close position either touch the top of the railing  (in full close position) or come within ~3 inches of the railing  the top will start to open even though I'm still pressing the button to lower the top.  So it automatically starts to open and only stops once I take my hand off the button to lower the top.

Another problem just developed where at times the top does not close from the fully opened position.  You can hear the motor work as if the bimini is closing but nothing happens.  The sound appears normal and is the same for when the top is opening and closing as it should verses when the top does not close at all.  In these cases I had to try it a few hours later or the next day and then it closed.

I'm a little worried that this may be an expensive fix.   Has anyone experienced this before or know what may be going on?

Appreciate your feedback!

There are a lot of those hydraulic style bimini's out there, as they switched the less expensive electric ones. You might try talking to the manufacturer, Schwintek, directly. They are very helpful with questions on mine.

Back