boat lift recommendation

T.B. Kind

Reaction score
Greetings all - my apologies if this is already covered.

I am shopping for a boat lift for a 2011 2574 Gli in the Pickwick lake area.   (it is an exceptional boat by an exceptional company)

I do require that any lift will run on 12VDC.  Electricity and water do not play well together.

Does anyone own a lift that that they are exceptionally thrilled with?

Does anyone have a less than satisfactory experience to report?

Take a look at FloatAir Boat Lifts out of SC.  I have been looking for a front mount boat lift for my GSR 2250 and after many comparisons to others I am really leaning to this company.

http://www.boatlifts-floatair.com/

Hello,

I have been using a ozark for the past 2 years (24 SSLX w/ 150 yamaha), has performed flawless and they were a good company to deal with (bought lift used and had then convert it to a pontoon lift). can't say about the 12v thing but I guess you could get a 12v air pump to drive it.

Cheers

Brian

Any pictures of your setup Brian?

My question is where are you going to be using the lift?

Do you have your own dock? Are you going to be using it in a marina?

Are you on the main lake? Or, are you in protected waters?

We're the next lake upriver, and we use boathouses sitting on steel poles driven into the bottom of the lake to bedrock--about 42". Most now use Ace style electric lifts on 110 volt ground fault protected circuits. If it's okay for TVA, it's okay for me.

My question is where are you going to be using the lift?

Do you have your own dock? Are you going to be using it in a marina?

Are you on the main lake? Or, are you in protected waters?

We're the next lake upriver, and we use boathouses sitting on steel poles driven into the bottom of the lake to bedrock--about 42". Most now use Ace style electric lifts on 110 volt ground fault protected circuits. If it's okay for TVA, it's okay for me.
"My" dock is actually on Yellow Creek, which is off the Tn. river and is adequatly sheltered.  The biggest "sea state" is in the summer with the tubers stirring the water . . . or the occasional wakeboarder.

I don't actually own the dock, it is part of a condominium association.  We have members who are "concerned" about electricity and water.  There once was power on the dock, but it has been removed.  On a similiar point, I would prefer an unattached lift.  Our dock floats and is held in place but aluminum spud poles.  The dock is an incredible improvement over thevprevious wooden one.  http://aluminumboatdocks.com/

I have been in contact with Marvin of Sunstream lifts and Gary of Floe Lift, both are proving to be a full service sales reps.

I originally wanted a bottom mounted lift.  Both Marvin and Gary have expressed concern about the variable water depth (408-418) during the year.  It looks like I'm going to have research some floating lifts.

TB, where are you on Yellow Creek? We keep our boat at Aqua Yacht and are seriously considering having a lift installed in our slip there.  We also bought a lot on Yellow Creek, but as of yet the TVA has not approved docks for our subdivision.  So we plan to stay at Aqua Yacht until we can build one. 

Good luck in finding your lift. Since Wright Marine sold out I don't know anyone dealing with lifts.

Roy

I know exactly where you're talking about. That's a really nice place.

I've seen some people use battery powered lifts with their battery in one of the Tupperware dock boxes--and a solar panel to maintain the battery. Deep cycle batteries can also be rolled to the condo for recharging--when needed.

The following lift companies will be at the Nashville Boat Show 1/23/2014-1/26/2014.

Bottoms Up Boat Lifts @ (800)234-3165

Cumberland River Boats is a Hydro Hoist dealer @ (615)826-1703

We're 50 miles upriver of you, however Wilson Lake's water level is very stable. We're all fixed boathouses and lifts.

There are a bunch of lift companies around Atlanta and some are:

Amasing Lifts @ 678-450-4212

Browns Bridge Docks @ 770-887-9760

Casey Custom Docks @ (770) 924-1810

North GA Boat Lifts @ (706)632-0390

I love seeing all these Tennessee River folks on here...can't wait to see ya'll on the water this spring...I need to be back on the water soon!

TB I just finished all my comparisons and I went ahead and ordered the 6000# Floatair Boat Lift front mount to be installed in my slip at Cuba Landing end of April.  What did it for me was the customer service, Jack, Nancy and Hayword were awesome, very strudy design, poly bunks, warranty and safety T mounts instead of chains. If you havent got one yet by April come on over to look at it up close. 

On the 12v thing Hayword is the engineer and he could tell you if there pump would work.  I remember seeing somwhere...a guy used a power inverter plugged into the boat to power the blower to the lift.  Its just a big wet vac motor so the right sized power inverter may work.  I used a power inverter to run a 2 gallon Rigid portable wet vac on the boat last year while out on the river when the kids cookie crumbs got on the carpet and it worked fine,  Just a thought!

Good Luck,

Kris M.

I love seeing all these Tennessee River folks on here...can't wait to see ya'll on the water this spring...I need to be back on the water soon!

TB I just finished all my comparisons and I went ahead and ordered the 6000# Floatair Boat Lift front mount to be installed in my slip at Cuba Landing end of April.  What did it for me was the customer service, Jack, Nancy and Hayword were awesome, very strudy design, poly bunks, warranty and safety T mounts instead of chains. If you havent got one yet by April come on over to look at it up close. 

On the 12v thing Hayword is the engineer and he could tell you if there pump would work.  I remember seeing somwhere...a guy used a power inverter plugged into the boat to power the blower to the lift.  Its just a big wet vac motor so the right sized power inverter may work.  I used a power inverter to run a 2 gallon Rigid portable wet vac on the boat last year while out on the river when the kids cookie crumbs got on the carpet and it worked fine,  Just a thought!

Good Luck,

Kris M.
Kris,

What pier are you guys on, we on the new part of pier 1 facing the ruler dock… The folks at Cuba are great (we love Josh and Jessica, they take real good care of us).

can't wait for spring either, but we were down there just last weekend visiting

Brian

Ha small world we are on the new part of pier 1 too...slip 137 was mine last year but I moved to 138 to have a straight shot into slip from the marina.  I think I know your Benny and its right there by mine, which is pulled out right now buttoned up for winter....boo!  Josh and Jessica are great we love the marina staff there!

Ha small world we are on the new part of pier 1 too...slip 137 was mine last year but I moved to 138 to have a straight shot into slip from the marina.  I think I know your Benny and its right there by mine, which is pulled out right now buttoned up for winter....boo!  Josh and Jessica are great we love the marina staff there!
Too cool, yep, were in 136… New neighbors .. yea .. we've been there for 3 years now total before the lift we were in 132 floating...

See ya in the spring

Brian and Lorraine

I knew it thats your bennie in 136...I cant wait to be back on the water.  Im tackling buffing my toons right now let me say what a chore but its looking good.  Ive got about 20 hours already into it there is a alot of aluminum on the tritoons uggg.  Look forward to meeting ya.

See ya,

Kris and Michelle

I'm waiting until Spring to put my boat on the trailer and get out the polisher.

Color me a little lazy, but I just polish the outsides of my toons, the rear end caps and the nosecones. And with good polish and a Porter Cable polisher, I think the job can be done in less than 2 hours. It gets faster as you get more experienced.

But I'm still not going to beat myself up trying to get off all the black oxide so Sharkhide can be applied. It's just too big of a job since polishing alone is not that difficult.

Yup, do some searching on the forum. Both negative and positive reviews about them.

Welcome aboard. Do you have a Benni?

Thanks for the welcome, SEMPERFI8387.  Just purchased my first Bennington.  20' SLMX.  Excited to get the ice out and the Bennington in.

Dealer got ours in on the 1st. Stopped up today, too chilly, but tied it off the way I like it. Hope to take it out tomorrow !!!

So I finally got my new Floatair 6000# front mount Tritoon boat lift installed and I couldn't be more happier with the quality, ease of use, and performance.  I highly recommend this lift for the Bennington. Here are some pics:

Back