Boat on Order

SEAGALZ

Reaction score
Soooo I Ordered a boat from The Waterfront Marina in NJ March 15! Still no word on the boat. Anyone else have this problem?? Ready to tell them

Soooo I Ordered a boat from The Waterfront Marina in NJ March 15! Still no word on the boat. Anyone else have this problem?? Ready to tell them
What was the original time frame estimate they gave you when your ordered back in March? Have you asked them for an update from Bennington? The dealership can inquire about production and delivery status. That said, so far this year, it seems like most have reported normal production and delivery time frames with their new orders.

Have you been in contact with your dealer ?
Has your dealer been in contact with the regional rep ? If there is a delay ,either of them would know the cause .

What was the original time frame estimate they gave you when your ordered back in March? Have you asked them for an update from Bennington? The dealership can inquire about production and delivery status. That said, so far this year, it seems like most have reported normal production and delivery time frames with their new orders.
Time frame was 2 months. I will quote the GM “ Every year we have 1 problem boat.” Meaning 1 that takes forever. I was absolutely floored at that response. I really want to cancel now. Said he would call Monday to check. Why didn’t he call Friday when I was there?? Can I call Bennington myself?

Have you been in contact with your dealer ?
Has your dealer been in contact with the regional rep ? If there is a delay ,either of them would know the cause .
Yes I called and text. Crickets! Salesman … “I’ll check and call you back” Nothing at all.

Time frame was 2 months. I will quote the GM “ Every year we have 1 problem boat.” Meaning 1 that takes forever. I was absolutely floored at that response. I really want to cancel now. Said he would call Monday to check. Why didn’t he call Friday when I was there?? Can I call Bennington myself?
BENNINGTON
United States & Canada: 888-906-2628

Yes I called and text. Crickets! Salesman … “I’ll check and call you back” Nothing at all.
Gotta wonder if it’s due to holiday week, maybe busy/overwhelmed, and it slipped to the side? I’d be calling them back and getting updates on what’s going on at this point. The original two months quoted seem appropriate. Is it a production or delivery issue? Is it an original paperwork issue from dealership? Is it a hold up due to some part or material stuck in a supply chain perhaps with a particular option? Worth finding out, and getting an update.

I am a patient person to a point. My biggest concern is it’s almost a left over. GM’s response was and again I quote “ Well at least you’re not getting the 2025 price increase.” Seriously

If they are giving you a 25 ,that may be the issue . ( parts availability ) I know of a few who have ordered in the spring and received the next model year .
What model did you order ?

What model 24 , S ,L , R, Q ?

That model has been updated for 2024, which could be part of the issue. When the Q's were redesigned for 2022, we had an 8 -9 month wait Screenshot_20240707_105950_Chrome.jpg

If that’s the case, I can ask for my deposit back??
I said it "could " be part of the issue . Your deposit is between you and your dealer . I would call Bennington 1st . One of the options you ordered that is on a SPS could be the issue .

I said it "could " be part of the issue . Your deposit is between you and your dealer . I would call Bennington 1st . One of the options you ordered that is on a SPS could be the issue .
Thank you

I ordered mine in January, got it in June of 2020. I have read they build boats in groups. Then shipping can be an issue (that delayed mine almost 6 weeks). Everything seems to take longer these days - I would definitely stick with the Tri over a Bi toon! I have also read a lot of stories with dealers over-promising on delivery dates, they want the sale and if you cancel, can generally get the boat sold to someone else. It is disappointing when the dealer can't simply call Bennington and get you a real update (though again shipping is impossible, apparently, to predict). So much is solved with good, honest communication. Breath Deep, Patience - the Benny is worth it.....

I ordered mine in January, got it in June of 2020. I have read they build boats in groups. Then shipping can be an issue (that delayed mine almost 6 weeks). Everything seems to take longer these days - I would definitely stick with the Tri over a Bi toon! I have also read a lot of stories with dealers over-promising on delivery dates, they want the sale and if you cancel, can generally get the boat sold to someone else. It is disappointing when the dealer can't simply call Bennington and get you a real update (though again shipping is impossible, apparently, to predict). So much is solved with good, honest communication. Breath Deep, Patience - the Benny is worth it.....
Thank you!!

Back