Boating Season in Peril

Alicedream

Reaction score
View attachment 24904 View attachment 24903 Well, what a Spring it has been in Missouri. Worst I have ever seen for rain. We boat on Truman Lake. This is a flood control lake so floods are expected at times. In the 14 years we have boated here the floods happen but for the most part you can boat and 80% of the time the lake is just perfect. Not this year. At mid-week the lake will be at its all time high of 44 feet over normal! I never was able to put my boat in because it was raining all the time, which is a good thing. Every Marina on the lake is closed. It will take at least 4 weeks to get the water down for Marina’s to open. It will probably be longer as there is a lot of rain in the forecast. For those of you who don’t know me, I use my boat a lot in Spring and Summer. Average about 45 boat trips a year normally. I am depressed as you can imagine. I am going to look to take the boat to some other lakes until we can boat again on our lake. I added a couple pics. Notice the tree as this is a boat ramp near our house. Pics taken week a part. Lake will be rising another 4 feet if no more rain. The boat ramp is under 30 feet of water right now.

Last edited:
My heart goes out to you and everyone else impacted by the flooding that is happening in so many areas. I just cannot imagine dealing with flooding of that magnitude. Hang in there and try to keep your head up. I hope you can get on some other lakes and try to enjoy some boat time at some point soon.

Back