Boats in!!!

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Picked my boat up at the dealership, brought it home, gave the upholstery and seagrass a good pollen cleaning, reinstalled the double Bimini, waxed the Mercury, put it in the water and back on the lift. A good productive day!!!IMG_20220421_155054002.jpgIMG_20220421_155047670.jpgIMG_20220421_155035461.jpg

Looks awesome! Now let's get some nice weather here. Around 85 for the highs this weekend. So, hopefully I can take the boat out between projects.

Looks awesome! Now let's get some nice weather here. Around 85 for the highs this weekend. So, hopefully I can take the boat out between projects.
Yup mid 80's here tomorrow. We'll be out all day! The water temp is 61 degrees so safe to say I won't be swimming!!!

Yep, water is way to cool, but perfect air temp. I want the water in the low 80's before I'll get in.

Will be on the water Sunday for sure. Mid 80's and pretty calm. Great weather. Your boat looks nice and clean for sure. Glad it's back home where it belongs.

Looks great. Have a great summer.

Looks great and ready for summer! Enjoy my friend! We have ours scheduled to be put in on May 14th. Fingers crossed it all goes well this year.

Side note: I chuckled to myself about the I don’t like to swim until the water temp is in the 80’s from Lay Lake. I don’t think our water temp ever hits the low 80’s. I think it tops out somewhere in the 70’s, and we have a shallow lake that heats faster than most any others remotely near us. Oh the differences of geography and climate…ha, ha.

Looks great and ready for summer! Enjoy my friend! We have ours scheduled to be put in on May 14th. Fingers crossed it all goes well this year.

Side note: I chuckled to myself about the I don’t like to swim until the water temp is in the 80’s from Lay Lake. I don’t think our water temp ever hits the low 80’s. I think it tops out somewhere in the 70’s, and we have a shallow lake that heats faster than most any others remotely near us. Oh the differences of geography and climate…ha, ha.
Some people like cold showers, too. My wife is one. Not this boy. I'm with him on the water temps.

Some people like cold showers, too. My wife is one. Not this boy. I'm with him on the water temps.
I think we are with you too on preference. We just don’t get it. :D That said, 70’s feels nice to us given what we are used to. 40-60’s not so much. :eek:

We have an iceberg on Mullett Lake

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1650208572270.jpg
    FB_IMG_1650208572270.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 25
Our water gets into the low 90's in late summer. 70 degree water will make the family jewels look pretty poor!

So BK, how was the day out on the lake ? About perfect I'll bet.
Great day! Perfect weather! Got out about 1100. Hung out on the southern end of the lake near Denny Hamlin's house and the power plant. Cruised on over to one of the par 3's on the water at the Peninsula CC anchored and watched tee shots for a bit. (Have you played that course?) Put the boat away close to 700p.

Can't believe Bill and Jack still have ice on their lakes!

One more thing.....I swear I filled up last fall before taking the boat in for warranty work. My wife starts it up and we've got a little less than half tank. So we figure we'll fill it up before the end of the day. Ethanol free 91 octane was $5.29 a gallon. She took about 22 gallons. $120!

Just got gas delivered for $4.54 for 93 no ethanol. I'll blend it with some $3.98 no ethanol 87. I'll end up around $4.30 a gallon including marine stabil which I run year round. This will be toted to the boat in 5 gallon cans.

Great day! Perfect weather! Got out about 1100. Hung out on the southern end of the lake near Denny Hamlin's house and the power plant. Cruised on over to one of the par 3's on the water at the Peninsula CC anchored and watched tee shots for a bit. (Have you played that course?) Put the boat away close to 700p.
I played Peninsula Club several times years ago when it was pretty new. The 90's. Nice course. Not as good as The Pointe, though. Neither one is too shabby. Lol.

Ethanol free is 4.29 here at the house. One advantage in trailering.

Glad ya'll had a great day. And, btw, next time you are near Hamlin's place, throw a few rocks his way. Can't stand that arse. Dale Earnhardt used to have a place at Peninsula before he died I'm told. People used to cruise around out near his dock, and they say he used to yell at people to go away like he owned the water. Was told of a guy fishing, and Dale told them that was his property, and they were not allowed to fish there. Lol

Last edited:
Back