BOB TEAGUE EXHAUST

1trotter

Reaction score
I am considering selling my gcw arch yamaha 200 and getting a windscreen i/o.  Has anyone heard the bob teague switchable thru hull exhaust?  I have heard they are mounted too low in the water.  PS going to do the volvo duo prop 5.7.   Any thought would be helpful before i spend 3 grand on them.

I am considering selling my gcw arch yamaha 200 and getting a windscreen i/o.  Has anyone heard the bob teague switchable thru hull exhaust?  I have heard they are mounted too low in the water.  PS going to do the volvo duo prop 5.7.   Any thought would be helpful before i spend 3 grand on them.
There is a guy in Texas on the forum with that setup on a Merc. Perhaps someone else with better memory here can remember his user name. He has many pictures of the build at Bennington in the gallery. Beautiful boat.

I think it was Ecoman.

He's been MIA for a while...

I thought he just posted about wake surfing?

If I remember correctly, he had the "Captains Call" exhaust.

The Bob Teague exhaust is all that is available from Bennington its the same as a captains call exhaust. I have it on my Q2575 I/O with the Merc 430 engine. I am not to impressed with it, you can't hear it at idle because it sets to low in the water. It does sound good when the boat is on plane but its not very loud, in fact I can't tell much difference in the sound with it turned on or off. A small block could have the exhaust a little higher than my big block so it could be above the water at idle. I don't know if its worth the cost, its not to me. You will have to use your own judgment on that.

There is another Q with the exhaust but it hasn't touched the water yet

Test drove the 502 430 Hp on two different Q boats, one older & a 2014. Boats out of the water you could tell it switched, in the water was a different story, I really thought the older boat had a weak batt & wasn't switching.

Anyway I ordered one & was thinking I would save that money but I was informed by salesman that without it would be quieter, the CC is what makes it louder so I didn't wanna lose any noise & bought it. Ordering so I couldn't take the chance. I agree that the BB motor makes the rear sit so deep in the water & the larger platform keeps the noise deep.

Build date, May 24,2015 Blacked out Q with Tower replacing a13 SanPan 225 HO we Loved for a first get to know Toon.

I was on the Q with the exhaust system a few weeks ago.  I liked it, liked it because it had a nice throaty sound but not annoying like some of the muscle boats up at our lake

Congrats!  And................don't forget the pics.   :D

Back