Bow Mounted MinnKota Talon

Captmisket

Reaction score
Anyone mount a Talon on their pontoon bow? I saw the Lund video which had a MinnKota Talon on the bow and stern. I fish off the stern so I am thinking about adding a MinnKota Talon to the bow on the port side. I am also going to add the MinnKota Ulterra trolling motor. I do shallow water fishing here in SWFL. I think the Talon would be better than the Power Pole since I don't have a lot of unused space at the bow. Any thoughts?

Spot lock on the Ulterra won’t be enough? The Talons save space over the PP but are constantly getting jammed and people have to take a apart in order to get back to the ramp. Lots of threads on internet about this. PP and the new Raptor have a much more fail-proof design but those arm-type anchors would look goofy on a bow for sure. Either one will protrude out (see pic) so that might not work in certain docking situations.

Cheapest option are those stick-pins, I considered it for a short term solution while I await PP’s new trolling motor release.

Good luck!

74C7DA8C-9C2F-42A4-A580-234F140BBA5A.jpeg

With spot lock I don’t see a need for a power pole or talon. Being in saltwater myself I tend to limit how much machinery is going in and out of the water.

Back