Brought home new Bennington 20 SL 5/24/12

Rick C

Reaction score

Great Owners Club!

Wife & I brought home our new Bennington May 24th. 2012. We live in central Florida. It has rained the past two weeks on my days off!

We are getting boating fever to try out our new boat. The marina did put the boat in the water for about 20 minutes at day of purchase...but not

our Maiden Voyage yet.

2012 Bennington 20 SL Regatta Blue

50 hp Yamaha

Magic Tilt trailer with Torsion axles

Garmin Echo 100 Fish/Depth Finder

Flooring: Marine Tuff-Ply Vinyl

biggrin.gif

Sounds like a nice toon, we have the '11 20 SLi in black, so i may be a bit biased :rolleyes:

I hope the weather clears up for you soon, you will love your new toy!

Enjoy your new ride. Be careful with barefeet in the sunshine.

We have a 2011 20 SLi in Regatta Blue and a 50hp High Thrust Yamaha that is easy on the wallet when it is time to fill up with gas. We went 28 hours on 24 gallons of gas during our break in period. It is a good feeling now to have a boat that the gas gauge moves so slow you think it is broken instead of watching it head towards E every time we would look at it. We just love this boat. It may not be a R, a Q, or a G series and it will not go 50 mph however it is all we need and it still turns heads on our lake.

We had it at another brand dealer for storage over the winter. This spring they were getting our boat water ready for the season, The owner told me he had 3 people come in and ask if it was for sale while he was waiting for us to come and pick it up.

We took out the small couch up front and put in a live well in the corner and a G series recliner. On the back deck we installed a fishing seat, the Garmon fish finder, and we also installed a Minn-Kota anchor mate on the front deck,and the chrome BENNINGTON LOGOS

I am sure you will love it and enjoy it as much as we do.

Thank you for your post Geoffrey & Brenda, Remediation, & Looneymosse,

Wife and I sure look forward to tooling around in our Bennington. Hard to believe it is still raining here in Fl. Looneymosse you have made some nice

"mods" to your SLi. We just sold our 16' Neutico by Seagull catamaran, owned her for 12 years, great riding boat. We also had a 50 hp Yamaha high thrust and as you say

sipped the gas even with 4 carbs.

Rick and Beth

awesome boat. i have a 2011 20 SLI. 50 hp evinrude. seems to be a good combo. easy on gas. love the boat. congrats on your purchase... im sure you will love it too.

i have added LED lights in the bimini, docking lights, 2 subs and an amp, currently adding a minn kota trolling motor.

more to come as money allows. lol. its the hole in the water thing..... but love it

Enjoy your new boat! We're in west central Florida and have had a ton of rain too.

Our new 2012 20SL just came off the truck yesterday from the factory. Once the bottom paint is completed, a 3 day process, we will take delivery next week. Hopefully no rain!

Perfect rig for your locale. Lived in west central fl for 20 years. As boaters we couldn't wait for November through May. Those pesky summer storms complete with major lightening.

Back