Bug Blood Stains

ErinnDan

Reaction score
Got a couple bug blood stains on our seats. They seem to not want to come out with normal light scrubbing using 303 cleaner. Any other recommendations? Thanks in advance.

LA Awesome cleaner or Magic Eraser....

We always have Clorox wipes on the boat and that takes them off most times. I then 303 the areas we washed with the wipes right away, never an issue in many years.

Thanks guys, got them out today!

Light rubbing with a Mr. Clean magic eraser and a bit of the 303 cleaner got it done!

Agree

Don't forget to reapply 303 protectant as the cleaner pulls it out. Also, mild simple green mix works well too.
Agreed. Anytime I use cleaners, 303 protectant is reapplied.

I am always hesitant to use the magic eraser on my seats for fear of sanding off the finish.  I will spray 303 on any tough spot and let it sit for 5 minutes.  When I go back it usually comes up with rubbing or if necessary I pick at it with a fingernail and have always gotten it

The magic erasers are some nasty things, I washed a door in my house when they first came out and wound up finding I sanded it down versus cleaning it. Then I have seen and have read many things very bad about them, will never buy one again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Magic erasers have their niche. They can do damage to glossy surfaces. We have a swanstone sink and they are awesome on that.

Magic erasers have their niche. They can do damage to glossy surfaces. We have a swanstone sink and they are awesome on that.
We also have one .You are 1st other  I know to own one .

Make it 3 for swanstone.  When we put on a large addition to house my mother in law for summers [she is FL for winters] we put in a swanstone in her kitchen

Make it 3 for swanstone.  When we put on a large addition to house my mother in law for summers [she is FL for winters] we put in a swanstone in her kitchen
We had to special order ours ,no one in the Petoskey area had ever heard of them . We had one down state in our old house ,if we ever move will get another .

Magic Eraser = basically superfine sandpaper. Use sparingly !!!

Don't ever use simple green on vinyl.  It took the top coat off the seats on our first toon.  

I work with a person that had a college chemistry class project a few years ago on the chemical composition of the magic erasers and she says she won't even touch one after seeing the toxic chemical soup they are made of. Claims they are pretty nasty products from the class findings.

I have found soaking with Fantastic cleaner and letting it set for a minute then rubbing with a towel will do the trick.

Jack

I work with a person that had a college chemistry class project a few years ago on the chemical composition of the magic erasers and she says she won't even touch one after seeing the toxic chemical soup they are made of. Claims they are pretty nasty products from the class findings.
Yeah, don't eat them.  They are made from very fine crystalline melamine or something like that if memory serves.  You know, the stuff China puts in baby formula.

Back