Build date

Boomers dad

Reaction score
Well I finally recieved a build date on my new boat May 23. I ordered my boat on Feb 22. I was very disappointed because I was expecting to get my boat in about 6 to 8 weeks :angry: My dealer tried to explain why the delay but I'm still not sure I understand and I don't want to post misinformation on here :unsure:

TB could you explain what's going on with production and how build dates are alloted to the dealers?

On the positive side the dealer does have my motor. I hear that Yamahas are getting pretty scarce. Anyway I should be in the water the week after labor day :D

Steve

Hi Steve, sorry to hear about the delayed delivery, we had to wait 5 weeks to get ours, only because the dealer [in Minnesota] had ordered several in a package deal. We then had to drive up there to pick it up. The upside to yours, the water will be nice and warm when you get it! Where is your dealer located? I saw only 2 in this area, Harrisonville and Wichita. And on a side note, where do you live?, I drive by Stilwell on test drives frequently, our shop is in N. Lawrence, and that is where we keep the new toon.

Well I finally recieved a build date on my new boat May 23. I ordered my boat on Feb 22. I was very disappointed because I was expecting to get my boat in about 6 to 8 weeks :angry: My dealer tried to explain why the delay but I'm still not sure I understand and I don't want to post misinformation on here :unsure:

TB could you explain what's going on with production and how build dates are alloted to the dealers?

On the positive side the dealer does have my motor. I hear that Yamahas are getting pretty scarce. Anyway I should be in the water the week after labor day :D

Steve
Hi Boomers Dad, thanks for being patient a little while longer. Bennington boats have become very popular and demand is surpassing supply this time of year. Each region of the country gets production allotments based on the amount of business that region generates annually. Boat shows start in early January and ramp up through early March...sounds like your order was submitted at the tail end of two busy selling months; timed directly when the build schedule started pushing farther out. Production lead times fluctuate throughout the year...anywhere from 6 weeks to 12 weeks plus. Again, we know you are anxious and we hope you'll be pleased with the end result. TB

Ooops correction on my delivery. I will have my boat the week after Memorial Day not Labor Day. Thanks TB for the info.

G & B I live near 199th st and Metcalf. We love living in Stiwell. Close enough to KC and still have a country feel. I bought my boat from Midwest Marine in Harrisonville. Where do you boat at? I've been to Clinton Lake in Lawerence a few times, but it can get pretty crowded.

Rock Chalk

Steve

Back