Built in speed limiter

Wild and Free

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that they designed in a speed limiter? It is the cup holder in front of the throttle lever. When there is a beverage in the cup holder the lever hits it and limits the amount of throttle that is applied, the taller the beverage the slower you can go.

I find it an ackward spot for a cup holder also. Just thought i would throw this out and see if anyone else has encountered this issue?

Yep, have the same issue with my boat. A 20oz diet Dew sure reduces my top end... :rolleyes:

Same observation here although I thought I saw the console configuration changed around in 2011 models.

Even though by my count, I had 12 drink holders in various locations around the boat, I have found you can never have too many - I found this drink holder at Bed Bath and Beyond for $12.

Pod2.jpg

Pod1.jpg

I have two of them, can move them to open railing anywhere, attach easily (haven't come loose in 5 trips so far), made of plastic with no sharp edges anywhere so I leave them in place even when I put the cover on or trailering. The "jaw" goes over the square railing and you tighten it with the red knob. Have one next to the helm seat so dont have to use the drink holder that is your "speed limiter" :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, same problem here. Thanks for the info Friar I will look into those. I currently place one of the removable cup holders on the end of the bench seat closest to the helm. However it seems it's always getting moved, so it's not there when I need it.

Back