Bunk optionso for lift

lakeliving

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just picked up a used Starr lift for our 2013 sslx that has yet to be built. I need to modify the lift for pontoon use. I've been reading the posts on this forum, saved the specifications chart for loading posted by TB and still have some questions.

Lift info

Starr vertical lift. 9'6" inside uprights.(wanted 120" but couldn't pass this up)

3500lb capacity

I need some input on the bunk style to go with. I saw the flat profile which I like however my wife wants the v looking style. My concern is that we are having lifting strakes on the tubes and I'm affraid this might cause issues when in the lift / properly supporting the tubes. In reviewing the lift points and the dimensions of the tubes. 20'6" overall minus 50.5" of nose cone, I need approx 16' bunks. What is everyone using to support the load past the cradle on the lift? If I split the distance there would be 4 feet on the front and back just sticking out there. Is that ok? Also, where is a good place to buy aluminum brackets/harware to complete this set up. What wood simensions to use etc.

I am also planning on using loading guides on the inside of the toons to guide the boat into the lift due to the tigher fit.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Photos?

Thanks!!!

Back