Can’t fill Bennington gas tank what to check?

What year and model? There have been a few posts on this site for your exact issue. Some say they found kinked lines, some say the vent-less gas cap is to blame or a bad check valve or something.
Here is just one of the threads if you do a search

I know on my 2011, I have to fill it from a gas station pump at Turtle flow rate or it will come back and splash all on the outside of the boat. Been that way since i bought the boat new.

I only fill up in the spring at the gas station and then do 5 gallon cans after every trip. PITA, but the 5 gallon cans are quicker then using a gas pump and then I don't have to pay the $6 a gallon at the marina.

2015 22ft Bennington side fill. fill using 5gal cans. checked vent at floor and was clean also bypassed carbon filter. Used the funnel that came with boat, this spring worked ok but now same trouble again spilled gas in river and down side of pontoon maybe got half a gallon in tank!

Have you tried a Super Siphon? Several members here including myself use one . Under $15 at Amazon

I have a '23 Benny model 22 SX and have the same slow fuel fill problem. Looked at the hoses and the vent hose is on the side (3 o'clock position) of the fuel fill hose instead on on the top (12 o'clock position) as some members here have stated. Because it is brand new, I will ask dealer to fix in while winterizing and storing the boat. We will see in the spring if the problem has been fixed. Otherwise, very pleased with the boat.

My 2021 LX fills fine unless it is really hot (105 plus) - then I either have to go really slow, or wait until the end of the day or early next morning - then no issue!?

Same issues here. Had dealer check the system out when they replaced the floor last year. Stated there was a kink in the line. Still have issues. I use the siphon hose but t stil spits out. Verfy frustrated.

Back