Can I Add a Livewell?

Shawn

Reaction score
I have a 2011 24SLi - wondered if I could add the livewell as a dealer installed option. Anybody do this? Where is the livewell located when installed from the factory? Thanks!

Shawn

Shawn,

I will attempt an answer for you. Yes you will be able to install a live well. I assume you will want the livewell to match your interior so you will need to order from your local Bennington dealer. Bennington is a manufacturer to dealer only operation. You can contact Mandy Hall at Bennington's Warranty and she can tell you what was ordered on your boat originally. She should be able if the dealer can't tell you the correct live well to order.

I assume you want to use a seat livewell. I have a 2275 SFI and I have 3 livewells. Once you receive your livewell, determine which seat in your current setup the livewell will replace. the Furniture is screwed down with approximatly 2" stainless screws. You will have to drill a hole through the carpet and flooring to allow for drain and water supply. (Be careful drilling through the carpet as to not snag and pull a runner. I use a new bit and spin it in reverse until I get through the carpet. Then spin the drill forward.) You will need to mount a pump in the bracket usually mounted on the starboard tube rear. If you don't have a bracket you will also need to order that bracket and have an experienced aluminum welder install the bracket. Run the electrical to a switch on the dash and the supply hose to the fitting on the live well and you should be in business.

My simple explaination but I hope you get the idea.

Thanks. I thought it might be easier. I was thinking the livewell kit would install under one of the seats - not necesarily replace the seat. We've done a bit of fishing and a livewell would be nice - may not be an option though if I need to replace an entire seat. We looked at the 22SF model last year - but really liked the extra seating in the 24SLi so we went with that instead.

Don't know if they have livewell's in models other than the SF. I have a breaker labeled livewell, but I figure it's a common instrument panel.

Shawn

Thanks. I thought it might be easier. I was thinking the livewell kit would install under one of the seats - not necesarily replace the seat. We've done a bit of fishing and a livewell would be nice - may not be an option though if I need to replace an entire seat. We looked at the 22SF model last year - but really liked the extra seating in the 24SLi so we went with that instead.

Don't know if they have livewell's in models other than the SF. I have a breaker labeled livewell, but I figure it's a common instrument panel.

Shawn
The wiring is already there for a livewell. I used that switch on our 2275rl for my power steering.

Back