Captain's chair pedestal and base replacement

wad1720

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Bennington 2250 RSF pontoon boat that I need to replace the captains seat fixed height pedestal and base. The question is how do you get to the nuts on the bolts that hold the base down?

Welcome. The nuts are under the deck and if you have underskinning it will be a chore. You can see them through the side between the deck and the skirting. The skirting is removable , or you'll need a box wrenck with tape over one side (so you don't lose the nut) and long arms. :D

Yup, what Carl said. Just look underneath and you should see the nuts in a circular pattern. Prolly take two people to do. One up top to hold screws and one underneath to remove nuts ..... Unless you have really loooooooong arms ... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Guys. I can't get to the mounting nuts from the outside the pontoon tube mounting flange is in the way. Will have to remove the skinning underneath to access these nuts. Really looking forward to that.

You will also need a helper, one of you underneath the boat to remove the nylock nuts, and the other above deck with a large Phillips head screwdriver to keep the bolts from spinning.

I am looking to replace the captain chair with a more comfortable one for our 2017 Bennington, any suggestions?

Back