Cleaning pontoons

Outabounds68

Reaction score
I’ve read quite a bit about the decrease in performance with dirty pontoons. We do not have a lift and will not be able to get one till next year so can you guys give me some advice on how you clean the toons (what is the best brush to use) while in the water. Thanks, brett

I go to a sand bar ,and use 2 car wash mitts

For light build up, a microfiber towel. I have Sharkhide so it comes off pretty easy but I also do it every couple weeks.

Like the others I use some car mitts weekly during summer. Mines in the water year round so the first cleaning or two
After winter I use one of the old nylon bristle brushes that everyone used to clean there car tires with

I go to a sand bar ,and use 2 car wash mitts
Yup, I took Jack's advise and invested in two mitts. Once you get a system down, it goes pretty quick.

I use green Scotchbrite pads. They're about 4" x 8" and come in a pack of 6 for under $5 at Home Depot. They don't seem to wear down so I use them over and over.

I also use Scotchbrite pads but I use the Blue ones as they are scratch free whereas the green although quicker can scratch

Back