Dash switches & Digital depth gauge operation

BriteLiteGuy

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm just polishing up my recient purchase and can't figure out a few things yet. The dealer said everything works on the boat, but I am not having luck figuring it out. I download the general owners manual, but it isn't very specific and not the exact one for my boat.

Anyway, is there any more detailed info that would let me know what the rocker switches on the dash control and how to turn on the digital depth finder gauge? I can't get it to work and would feel better if I could test everything before storing it for winter and then having the dealer tell me the 90 day warranty has expired.

Anything with details would help. I was thinking the switches would be labeled but they are not.

thanks,

Hey all, I'm just polishing up my recient purchase and can't figure out a few things yet. The dealer said everything works on the boat, but I am not having luck figuring it out. I download the general owners manual, but it isn't very specific and not the exact one for my boat.

Anyway, is there any more detailed info that would let me know what the rocker switches on the dash control and how to turn on the digital depth finder gauge? I can't get it to work and would feel better if I could test everything before storing it for winter and then having the dealer tell me the 90 day warranty has expired.

Anything with details would help. I was thinking the switches would be labeled but they are not.

thanks,
Welcome to the forum!

Does your dash have fuses on the switches or circuit breakers? It may be that one or more of your switches have tripped a breaker ( usually a push button to reset) or possibly blown a fuse (requires replacement of the fuse).

Try posting a picture of your switches. Someone should be able to help identify them. Additionally, are you trying to turn on the depth sounder with the engine on or off? Most depth sounders are wired to only work with the engine on.

Good Luck,

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tips. I did take the boat out and try to figure things out with it running. I was just trying to see if there were any additional manuals or service items available to help. My dash has 3 rockers on the left, and three on the right. I have figured some out as they are pretty obvious like the docking lights, or the stereo comes on. But 3 of the 6 are not as obvious and the dept sounder gauge is not responding. I'll do some digging into it tomorrow and I'll post a picture to see if anyone can give some tips.

Thanks, Kevin

Welcome to the forum!

Does your dash have fuses on the switches or circuit breakers? It may be that one or more of your switches have tripped a breaker ( usually a push button to reset) or possibly blown a fuse (requires replacement of the fuse).

Try posting a picture of your switches. Someone should be able to help identify them. Additionally, are you trying to turn on the depth sounder with the engine on or off? Most depth sounders are wired to only work with the engine on.

Good Luck,

Dan

Welcome.... I have an'05 and the letters on the switches were also rubbed off. Too much scrubbing or the wrong cleaner is my guess. I printed very small labels for mine but this was after I got under the helm and traced the ones that were not obvious. One will be the docking lights, easy to find IF they work. One is for your running lights,green and red up front and your white stick light. One is for the stick light only for night-time mooring.

My far right switch turns on the power port mounted by that switch and the radio. One switch does nothing and the last one does the courtesy light. A second courtesy light on mine comes on with the mooring switch.

Yours could be totally different. If you need me to, I can give you the exact lay out. I don't remember if my depth gauge comes on with the key or the radio but I think it's the key. Let me know if I can help more. Steve

Almost forgot....one switch is a two pole switch, center off. Two switches in one. This is probably the running/mooring lights switch. Steve

Back