Decorative decals are bubbling

SteveV

Reaction score
First time posting. I have an 09 2575 RLI. The decals (decorative striping) are showing bubbles everywhere. The boat is in a covered boat house in East Texas. Anyone else have this problem? The panels are the "dent free" panels. It doesn't seem normal, but I am first time Bennington owner. Love the boat. it gets rave reviews from anyone that climbs aboard!

First time posting. I have an 09 2575 RLI. The decals (decorative striping) are showing bubbles everywhere. The boat is in a covered boat house in East Texas. Anyone else have this problem? The panels are the "dent free" panels. It doesn't seem normal, but I am first time Bennington owner. Love the boat. it gets rave reviews from anyone that climbs aboard!
Hi there SteveV,

First time posting for me too! In Aug 2008, I purchased a new 2008 2575 QXi that had been sitting on an outside lot for 2+ years... The dent free panels were faded, and the decorative striping was/is bubbling/peeling as well. After several unanswered emails to/with Bennington, I was told 1) the panels and striping were not taken care of properly by the dealer, and 2) the dent free panel material was something new Bennington had tried, and they discovered the striping does not adhere to it very well... Another words... Sorry... For me, there's nothing I can do about the decorative stiping, other than a new paint job and new striping... For now,I'm still experimenting with compounds, cleaners, and waxes, to try and restore the panel color as much as possible... If you find out anything otherwise, please let me know!!!

I am so super jelous that you have a boat with the dent less paneling. Sucks that they went away from it. Just another way for manufactures to sell more parts. God forbid they build something that will hold up to even a little abuse from bumps ect. :rolleyes:

Okay, let's nip this in the bud. Bennington launched dent-resistant panels a few years back as an upgrade. The material is great, but 1) it requires waxing and maintenance similar to a fiberglass boat to keep the finish nice, and 2) graphics do not adhere well to the surface. We gave it our best shot as innovators, but this one had to be shelved. For those that do have DRP panels, you might want to consider our new chrome logos, and peel the old taped graphics off for good. For 2012, many of our G, R and Q models will be "graphic-less". Please see your dealer for assistance.

Wild n Free, you must have had some bad experiences in life to post such negative views! :p

Okay, let's nip this in the bud. Bennington launched dent-resistant panels a few years back as an upgrade. The material is great, but 1) it requires waxing and maintenance similar to a fiberglass boat to keep the finish nice, and 2) graphics do not adhere well to the surface. We gave it our best shot as innovators, but this one had to be shelved. For those that do have DRP panels, you might want to consider our new chrome logos, and peel the old taped graphics off for good. For 2012, many of our G, R and Q models will be "graphic-less". Please see your dealer for assistance.

Wild n Free, you must have had some bad experiences in life to post such negative views! :p
I have a friend who has had both a 22RLI and a 22QXI with DRP and I can tell you they are awesome, I think it should be a option available to the customer, just give pros and cons and let the customer have a choice

Just my .02

Ron

Dent resistant panels would be nice. Turns out my 10 year old grandson likes to find "innovative" ways to board the boat - like from the side using the deck, railing, and sundeck to pull himself up out of the water onto the boat (the ladder is boring). The pic shows what a knee can do during this process :huh:

DSC_0021(2).jpg

SteveV and Kelvin welcome to the forum. Just curious , are the graphics covered under warranty?

Last edited by a moderator:

No negativaty intended here.........Its just a little thing called common sense. I am a perfectionest " Thats why I bought a Bennington, its the closest thing I could find in the pontoon world that comes close to meeting my standards :p " and being a diesel tech for the last 20 years working for several dealerships has taught me that every manufacturer has done things like this because parts sales take it in the shorts when they build quality parts. Not being negative here I am just a brutally honest no nonsense type of guy who calls it the way it is. :D I visit all my local boat dealers and they all have great big heaps of side paneling behind their shops, they love this as its a great money maker in 3 areas labor to install mark up on parts and the resale of the used aluminum to metal recyclers.

Here in North Dakota we have a little thing mother nature likes to throw at us......Its called HAIL. My last boat had one whole side totalled out from a rather small hail storm with small hail.

The glass is neither half full nor is it half empty, common sense tells me the glass is just twice as big as it needs to be. :D This is the best way to figure out how I roll.

Last edited by a moderator:
SteveV and Kelvin welcome to the forum. Just curious , are the graphics covered under warranty?
Boomer's Dad,

Sorry I didn't respond sooner... Just now noticed your question slipped inbetween the other comments...

No warranty coverage in my case... (shhhhhhh.... I don't think they really want us discussing this subject any more...) 8~)

What I can say (out loud) is... I love my Bennington!

;)

Back