Delivery set for Saturday

JBL

Reaction score
Dealer sent me pictures of my 2250 GSR I will pick up on Saturday.  Ready to get her wet.  Pictures are in my gallery.  It has been a long wait since July 19.

Thanks bcpnick, I am glad we picked the seagrass.  I like the feel and think it will be easy to maintain.

Looks great and color combo is very nice looking.  Hope you have great weather this coming weekend for the delivery.  Enjoy!

Very Nice JBL, congratulations

Thanks Guys, I will try to get some pictures on the water.

Just in time to winterize it ;)   Congrats!  I'm sure you got another month of brisk rides and a couple Indian summers' before you have to pull it.  I'm probably not pulling mine until end of Oct!

Hope we have a mild next few months.  May not get much time on the water till April 16, 2015.  No go during tax season.  My new son in law may take it out to the lake in Jan. if we have a warm weekend.  Good thing....motor is already broken in so nothing to hold back there.  I am ready to see the ride compared to my old Misty Harbor.  Everyone says the ESP tritoon will ride so much better.  I plan to know this weekend.  Sat and Sun high 81 and no rain!

JBL, I'm sure you'll get plenty of boating days in this year. Just ask Cwag, he boats year round.

Weatherman is calling for sunny and 80s this weekend in NC.

I saw that today is the first day that the water temp on Lake Norman dropped below 80 degrees!

Very, very nice. I see a power bimini? That was a tough sell for me, but I have it on my boat. Love it.

An "ask me how I know" cautionary tale - if the bimini is wrapped in its cover, but in the tower position, when you take the cover off - the back of the bimini has no support and just slams down on whatever is beneath it. Not a lot of fun. You almost have to lower the bimini to take the cover off, then raise it up again. Or have someone hold the rear frame. It's not quite as automated as it looks when taking the cover off.

Thanks for the heads up on the bimini.  I got it because I have to lower it to clear my roof on the covered lift getting in.  Good to know about the rear brace.

I drove past Lake Norman last Thursday on a motorcycle trip, past the power plant and the Bennington dealer on the way to the mountains to ride a bunch of twisty roads.  Saw a bunch of marinas and docks all over.  Spinzone and Cwag are you guys near that part of the Lake?

Cwag is probably halfway between the dealership and the dam. I dry dock my boat on the east side of the lake closer to the dam.

20 min ride for me and it is a beautiful dealership.

Thanks guys, I will have to come down sometime and hang out.

Already got my welcome letter from Bennington w/decal.  Way to go Team Bennington.  I went to the website to register my boat and it confirmed registration on the spot.  Great job, the dealer must be doing his part too.

Had a blast on Saturday and Sunday.  Delivery went well, except the LED cup holders were not installed.  They were on the order, dealer is taking care of it.

We burned over a tank of fuel in two days.....250 is strong and likes fuel when you hammer down.  Hit 47 GPS in rough waters and strong winds with a 19p ss prop.  Started with a 17, but rev limit kicked in.  19p puts me dead on 6000 rpms.  I think I can get a little more speed at the lake on a calm day.  Pull is strong with either prop, love the way this boat handles-turning and taking wakes is fantastic.  Never got wet, on plane quick, just a complete joy to be a new Benny owner.  Plenty of pics in the gallery...led options look great at night.  We had people taking pictures as we rode by and kids saying "Hey Dad, I want one of them.  It is so coool!"  Gotta love it.  Thanks guys for all the knowledge shared on this board, it helped with the ordering process and tips to make boating extra fun.  Definitely sharkhide from the factory if you are on the edge.  I also used Rejex (sealer) on the panels prior to going out.  Makes clean up easy and shines well.  Sorry to run on, just thrilled with my Benny!

Run on all you want, we love hearing about it

I agree with Link. And bring that beast down to Norman so I can go for a ride!

Thanks Link and Spinzone, it feels much bigger than my old Misty Harbor 22' but handles so much better.  I love being able to do a donut, this boat is on rails.  Can't wait for the water to warm back up and pull tubes and wakeboards for the grand kids.  For the fall, I will issue coats and gloves, can't put this one away for a while.  My son in law is very good with all sizes of boats and he was impressed with just about everything.  Docking is different with a pontoon, but he is pretty good with it.  Says he can see a lot of use coming to the Benny.  He has a 23' Polar walk around getting a 300 Yamaha this week.

My 250 came off of his, so no break in required.  In a nutshell, I did enjoy my prior boats, but this one has so much fun rolled into one boat, kinda the SUV of boats....speed, comfort, handling.......BIG GRIN factor!!!  I am cured for now from PADS.  Expensive treatment but great results!

Glad it is everything you expected and more!! Nice to have a family member with a 250 laying around!!

Back