Difference between 21 & 22 motor

Timdelta

Reaction score
Does anyone know the differences between 2021 Yamaha 300 and the 2022 Yamaha 300? I can’t seem to find any info. Should I insist on a 2022 or take whatever comes first?
When do new motors come out? Thanks all.

Unless they make changes it's based on purchase date

They spec’d out a 2022 at order since it won’t show up till Feb (at best)

If there was no overhaul of the motor (which is not often), probably absolutely no difference other than build date. The only advantage of the ‘22 is it would align with the boat build date, and MAY matter to someone else if you ever sell it. Otherwise, likely the same motor.

Dealer did say I could take either, ie: whatever comes first so that will probably be what I do. I will ask Yamaha if any changes are coming with 22. If anyone knows of anything please post, I will do the same.

Dealer did say I could take either, ie: whatever comes first so that will probably be what I do. I will ask Yamaha if any changes are coming with 22. If anyone knows of anything please post, I will do the same.
In this production and supply chain environment, that sounds like a good decision.: whichever comes first.

Sorry, but I couldn't resist. The difference is 1 year

Looks like some tweaks including digital steering on the DEC models. If it's the same price and delivery date, '22 seems like a no brainer.

Back