Docking lights for 20SFV?

KSM

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend docking lights that fit Bennington pontoons? I have a twenty foot fishing 2021 model. I want to go night fishing. I need some headlights to get into my slip safely. Thanks!

Attachments

• 270E1428-467C-4695-A35C-DEE361EE7312.jpeg
    270E1428-467C-4695-A35C-DEE361EE7312.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 6
You mean dock lights, correct? Not sure if you built your boat, but the stainless steel dock lights were an option for $550 that I added to my build. Quite helpful as I'm approaching the dock. I don't use them any other time.
20210109_120934.jpg

Wow those are nice! I did find a stainless set on Amazon that got good reviews.

Wow those are nice! I did find a stainless set on Amazon that got good reviews.
I wonder if you can just order these from your Bennington dealer? I would inquire as they are designed for Bennington boats.
20210109_142918.jpg

I found the "docking" lights work fine for docking, but for occasionally scanning the dark black abyss of the lake at 10pm at night with no moon out, which is filled with the occasional marker buoy (I know, I know - don't use them for cruising), I am installing under deck, about 12" back from the edge, so I don't whack them with the anchor. This will allow me to occasionally turn them on for a few seconds and look for reflective markers. My buddies with fixed Arches have a whole series of LED lights, saw that occasionally checking the path in front of you at night is a good idea.

Attachments

• Under Deck Lights.JPG
    Under Deck Lights.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 12
I found the "docking" lights work fine for docking, but for occasionally scanning the dark black abyss of the lake at 10pm at night with no moon out, which is filled with the occasional marker buoy (I know, I know - don't use them for cruising), I am installing under deck, about 12" back from the edge, so I don't whack them with the anchor. This will allow me to occasionally turn them on for a few seconds and look for reflective markers. My buddies with fixed Arches have a whole series of LED lights, saw that occasionally checking the path in front of you at night is a good idea.

I added an LED light bar under the deck and am very happy with it. Wrote up my experience here Added LED light bar

Back